Terre des hommes Moldova (Tdh) announces tender for the selection of a company to develop a sticker pack for an anti-bullying kindness campaign in Moldova that will be launched via Viber.
“Joint actions to end bullying in Moldova”
Republic of Moldova
December 2020 – February 2021
Working in Moldova since 2004, Terre des hommes (Tdh) is dedicated to ensuring the fulfilment of all children’s fundamental rights and to contributing to the improvement of the Moldovan child protection system. By means of its projects, Tdh Moldova aims for sustainable prevention of and response to violence, neglect and exploitation against children at the community, district and national levels. Tdh Moldova is geographically operating in the entire country. Currently, Tdh’s work in Moldova is built along three complementary axes – Child Protection Systems, Children Affected by Migration and Access to Justice, and seeks to develop synergies between them as well as with other key thematic areas of Terre des hommes Foundation.
Violence in schools, in all its forms, is a breach of children’s rights to education, health and wellbeing. Qualitative and equitable education cannot be ensured if adolescents are confronted with violence in the school environment. Violence in schools can take the shape of single actions, or the shape of regular intimidation, degrading treatment and harassment (bullying).
According to “Bullying among adolescents from the Republic of Moldova” Study conducted in 2019 by UNICEF Moldova, 86,8% of the total number of students of 6th to 12th forms are affected by bullying. The report revealed that adolescents involved in situations of bullying, either as aggressors, victims or witnesses, are more inclined to absenteeism, school drop-out, and have low academic performance. Aggressors or victims of bullying are more likely to encounter symptoms of depression and anxiety, have a low self-esteem, feel lonely, and sometimes loose interest in any activities.
Aware of the existing challenges, Terre des hommes Moldova is implementing, with support of UNICEF Moldova the project Joint actions to end bullying in Moldova that is committed to prevent and to respond to peer violence in the schools.
The project, Joint actions to end bullying in Moldova, is built on the recommendations of the 2019 UNICEF’s Study “Bullying among adolescents from the Republic of Moldova” and the Roadmap to accelerate ending violence against children in the Republic of Moldova 2019-2025, and is coming forth to strengthen a broader programme implemented by Tdh in Moldova on preventing childhood violence.
The project will work to achieve its objectives through a combination of policy review, capacity building of professionals, empowerment of youth and awareness raising about bullying prevention and response, including promoting kindness amongst adolescents and youth through the “U-Report Moldova platform”.
The aim of kindness campaign is to increase understanding and enhance community engagement related to prevention and response to violence in all settings.
The Kindness campaign will be implemented through the U-Report Viber channel in cooperation with Rakuten Viber (barter). The campaign will consist of a kindness-promoting Viber sticker pack and a chatbot developed by Tdh and the U-Report team aiming at mobilizing adolescents and youth and raising awareness of the bullying phenomenon in Moldova.
Scope of work
To develop a sticker pack for an anti-bullying kindness campaign in Moldova that will be launched via Viber.
Theme: Stickers promoting acts of kindness, positive, engaging, encouraging compassion, inclusion, courage and solidarity.
Target audience: young people, parents, teachers.
Standard static sticker pack and a sticker market banner, specifically:
- Sticker concept including list of stickers, moods, descriptions
- Sketches of drawings (black and white)
- Coloured version of stickers
- Stickers are shared in an editable file in .psd or .ai format with separated layers (white border, background, text, image, etc.)
- PSD files should be in high resolution (1 square on grid = 300x300 pixels)
- Stickers are arranged on a package grid, which is made up of many squares. Each square is 300x300 pixels. 10 squares in the arrangement of two (2) rows and five (5) columns are called a block. Blocks must be designed in a way that they can be cut from the grid without cutting a sticker in the middle. More detailed description available HERE.
- 1st draft of the sticker pack placed on the Viber grid;
- Full coloured Sticker pack on the Viber grid for final approval;
- Proved experience in delivering similar type of work;
- Prior experience with the process of the sticker production Viber market is an advantage.
Submission of proposals:
Interested candidates shall submit the following documents:
- CV of the applicant
- Portfolio with relevant works developed
- The financial offer for a) pack of 10 stickers and b) pack of 20 strikers, with 0 VAT for legal entities
How to apply:
The applications will be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications will be submitted in English language no later than 21 December 2020. Please refer to the position you are applying to in the subject section of the application e-mail.
Please note that only the selected candidates will be contacted. Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.