The incumbent operates safely and efficiently an unarmored U.S. Government-owned or leased motor vehicle to transport passengers and/or cargo. Works as messenger as directed.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of professional driving experience is required.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the city and its environs, including driving routes and traffic patterns.
- Must be familiar with the location of hospitals, police and fire stations within the city and its immediate surroundings.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Completion of high school education is required.
How You will be Evaluated:
LANGUAGE: Level II (Limited Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Romanian and Russian is required. This will be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must hold a valid class C driver’s license.Must have had driver’s license for a minimum of five years. (Driving skills may be tested).
- Must have the ability to read maps and plan driving routes.
- Must have good verbal communication skills, and an ability to handle all persons with professionalism and discretion.
- Must be able to perform basic vehicle inspection and must possess intermediate level automotive maintenance skills.
- Must have basic computer skills to maintain reports and for communication purposes.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.