Communications and Events Coordinator
Chemonics International, Inc. seeks a Communications and Events Coordinator for the USAID Moldova High Value Agriculture Activity (HVAA). The project aims to further stimulate the transformation of the Moldovan high-value agricultural (HVA) sector into an engine of economic growth for the country leading to improved competitiveness and higher living standards for rural Moldovans in the long term. Moldova HVAA is implemented by USAID contractor Chemonics International, Inc.
Location of Work: Based in Chisinau, Moldova
Reports to: Communications Specialist
Position Description: The Communications and Events Coordinator will support the Communications Specialist to highlight project achievements through a combination of communication and public information and outreach efforts. S/he will coordinate event organization efforts under supervision of the Communications Specialist. S/he will support all aspects of project communications, facilitate project marketing/promotion, and foster transparent, continual dialogue between partners, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions): Principal tasks under this scope of work include, but are not limited to:
- Help implement HVAA’s communications strategy;
- Write stories/articles about HVAA activities for a variety of audiences, including local press, international buyers, and USAID;
- Write success stories and interviews with HVAA beneficiaries, case studies, and beneficiary snapshots. Synthesize information and develop engaging materials (written, video, etc.) for a variety of audiences in Romanian, Russian, and English languages;
- Write press releases and other content for HVAA promotion;
- Ensure the proper documentation of all project and project-supported activities through visual media (e.g. photographs and video);
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms;
- Track projects and media exposure;
- Update databases and media lists;
- Collect information and draft the weekly and monthly event calendar and track event`s implementation;
- Support project partners and grantees to improve their communications strategies and implementation (social media, media, member communications, etc.);
- Support technical team to prepare for and deliver public communications;
- Collaborate with design contractors to develop products content, style and layout;
- Contribute to the development of USAID bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports;
- Support the preparation of media content with input from project management and the technical teams for all promotional and public outreach materials for the project, including fact sheets, press releases, success stories, leaflets, brochures, etc., and supervise their distribution.
- Under the direction of the Communications Specialist and senior leadership, conceptualize, organize, and carryout events for HVAA
- Support events for HVAA beneficiaries and partners, as requested by Communications Specialist and senior leadership;
- Organize public events such as opening ceremonies, USAID/USG delegate site visits, etc. with assistance from the administrative support team as needed;
- Develop scene setters, talking points, or other materials as needed for USAID/USG events;
- Supervise media monitoring activities for project-supported events;
- Perform other tasks on an ad hoc basis that are consistent with this position description (i.e. of a communications or public outreach nature) and the general requirements of the project.
Required Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Outstanding oral and written English and Romanian skills required. Russian language skills, advantageous;
- Previous work experience in a similar role, preferred;
- Experience working on USAID or donor-funded programs, preferred;
- Experience or exposure to agricultural topics, advantageous;
- Knowledge of media relations and digital media strategies;
- Conversant with MS Office;
- Working knowledge of design software (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems, advantageous;
- Photography, video development, graphic design, web design, or other relevant skills, advantageous;
- Knowledge of web traffic metrics;
- Positive relations with national and local media, required;
- Good organizational and time-management skills, required;
- Experience planning complex events, advantageous;
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience;
- Proven ability to work professionally and constructively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in challenging environments.
Application letter along with a CV should be sent in English to HVAARecruitment@chemonics.com. The deadline for submission is December 18, 2020. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Chemonics International, Inc. (www.chemonics.com) is a U.S.-based international consulting firm providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries since 1975.