UNDP Moldova through its "Moldova Sustainable Green Cities" project, is looking to hire a National Consultant in Monitoring, Review, and Verification.
The main objective of the current activity is to develop a system to capture data about the GHG emission reductions resulting from the pilot/demonstration projects (including Fast Track Challenge projects) that would help to assess the impact of mitigation and adaptation actions.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Manager, the MRV expert is expected to develop a system to capture data about the GHG emission reductions resulting from the pilot/demonstration projects (including Fast Track Challenge projects).
The MRV Experts’ key role will be to control the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of the GHG inventory as it pertains to buildings, transport, and waste, and develop and maintain the MRV system. Specifically, his/her responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor, track, and suggest methods by which to calculate GHG emissions saved as a result of pilot/demonstration projects (including Fast Track Challenge projects and include them into the earlier developed reporting and verification (MRV) system);
- Provide support on developing MRV plans for new projects;
- Provide support to the external experts in reviewing the GHG emissions, and to assess the GHG emissions reduction;
- Liaise closely with other experts and projects beneficiaries to seek their inputs for ensuring the complete and accurate inventory of data; if deemed necessary, recommend any modifications to be made;
- Generate MRV reports which will feed into the overall Energy Management Information System (EMIS);
- Provide inputs to the annual implementation reports (PIR) and final evaluation report, and general information collection according to UNDP/GEF M&E requirements.
More information can be found on the link https://sc.undp.md/jobdetails/2109/
Terms of Reference
Individual Consultant Procurement Notice
OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP CONFIRMING INTEREST AND AVAILABILITY FOR THE INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTOR (IC) ASSIGNMENT
UNDP General Conditions of Individual Contract