Organisation: Center "Resonance"
Type: international individual consultancy
Duration: November 2020 – January 2021 (12 working days)
Location: city of Tiraspol and nearby locations
Deadline for submission: 31 October 2020.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The purpose of this consultancy is to improve internal regulations and procedures of the residential institution working with children in conflict with law in the Transnistrian Region of the Republic of Moldova so that it is in line with the international standards on child friendly justice.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
The overall objective of the consultancy is to draft and validate, preferably by the end of January 2021, internal regulations and procedures of the residential institution working with children in conflict with law in the Transnistrian Region of the Republic of Moldova in line with international standards on child friendly justice with the following specific objectives:
- Conduct consultations with administration of “A.S. Makarenko” institution and national expert on specific regulations and procedures which should be included in the internal regulations (following but not limited to the recommendations done in the Assessment Report);
- Draft Standard operations procedures (SOP) for the management, staff and educators of the institution (including Code of conduct for staff that is sensitive to the needs of boys and girls in custody and proposals for amending other relevant internal regulations) in the field of justice for children and application of child friendly approach in close cooperation with national expert;
- Draft amendment of the existing internal regulations (at least Typical Regulation, Statute of the institution, Regulation of the institution) in case they include strong contradictions with international standards.
- Provide guidance and support to national expert who will be responsible for organising and conducting a training for management, staff and educators: introduce and train the staff with a newly developed package of internal documents for the “A.S. Makarenko” institution (SOP, Code of conduct), actively participate in the training event.
Tasks for the consultant will be discussed and planned in consultation with Centre “Resonance” and UNICEF.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree or equivalent (5-year university education) in Public Administration, Social Policy, Law, Human Rights or another relevant field;
- At least three (3) years of proven professional experience in drafting legal framework or regulations or drafting analytical documents and coordination of research work;
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of children’s rights. Knowledge of international human rights would be a strong asset;
- Previous work with institutions focused on the work with different vulnerable groups;
- Fluency in Russian, good knowledge of English would be a strong asset;
- Previous work in conflict or post-conflict regions will be an asset.
The candidate is expected to submit:
- Technical proposal reflecting:
Proposed approach and methodology (max 1,000 words), including:
- Timeline and milestones;
- Tentative structure of the SOP for the institution for children in conflict with law;
- Risk and mitigation measures.
Annex: Short Sample or links to related work (including regulations, analytical papers) previously conducted by the Consultant.
Detailed Curriculum Vitae with relevant information will be attached to the Technical proposal.
Technical evaluation will be performed through a desk review of applications, and if necessary, may be supplemented by an interview.
- Financial proposal which shall indicate total budget estimated in US$, as well as a detailed breakdown of budget items as follows:
- Daily, all-inclusive consultancy fee, multiplied with working days as provided by the deliverables table;
- Any other applicable costs, fees, expenditures.
The final selection will be based on the principle of “best value for money” among the technically qualified candidates.
DEADLINES AND OTHER CONDITIONS FOR SUBMITIONS
Deadline for submitting bids – October 31, 2020.
Incomplete bids will not be considered for evaluation.
Please find detailed ToR for international consultancy here: