The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Vulnerable Groups and Labour Market Integration within its project “Economic Policy Advice to the Moldovan Government “.
The Advisor will act as a focal point for the coordination and implementation of the project activities related to the enhancement of the opportunities for vulnerable groups to participate in broad based economic growth.
The following responsibilities are included in the assignment:
- Identification, planning and implementation of project activities targeting successful integration of vulnerable groups to the labour market, including capacity building / development and motivation of both – employers and potential employees, matchmaking;
- Analysing and developing solutions in order to support respective groups with problem solving processes;
- Acting as a communication link between Government actors, regional authorities, civil society, private sector and other development partners in order to identify and implement solution for better labour integration of vulnerable groups;
- Providing collaboration support of various stakeholders, taking up, analyzing and assessing relevant initiatives and policy proposals coming from the civil society, government structures, private sector and consultants and aiming to support and promote access of people from vulnerable groups to the labour market;
- Establishing good working relationships with stakeholders at working and decision-making levels for elaboration and coordination with relevant authorities (including regional structures) policy reforms promoting social market economy principles and inclusive economic and labour development;
- Supporting the private sector in developing and implementing measures for the integration of vulnerable groups into the labour market;
- Ensuring regular feed-in of work results into the project monitoring system.
- Degree (Master or Bachelor) in Social Sciences, Economics, Law or related field;
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in the area of support for vulnerable groups, preferably in development cooperation, civil society, public institutions/policy making, consulting sectors;
- Hands on experience in organization of processes and activities related to social and economic inclusion of vulnerable groups of population;
- Excellent knowledge of the main stakeholders in the area of labor inclusion – civil society, development organizations, Government institutions, informal groups and leaders etc.;
- Proven experience in elaboration (participation in elaboration) of drafts of legal and normative documents;
- Knowledge of the legal framework in the field of labour, employment; knowledge of the specific features of legislation for vulnerable groups of population represent an advantage;
- Deep understanding of social and labour policy impact on the private sector and social development of Moldova;
- Understanding of companies´ mindsets and their HR approaches;
- Strong IT skills, analytical and report writing skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to negotiate, be a strong team player, and possess excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills;
- Fluency in Romanian and English; knowledge of German would be an asset;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 02nd of October 2020, time 17:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labor legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
This project is implemented with the financial support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).