Program Officer (Consultant)
Available vacancy for an international organisation implementing various projects within the justice sector. The selected candidate will provide effective and efficient management of the project activities implemented at the national level and act as a liaison between the field office, stakeholders and the headquarters of the organisation.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in one of the following: legal, public relations, social science, management, public administration, or a related field is required;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in legal, public relations and communications, preferably with a focus on projects.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), sensitivity and high ethical standards are a must;
- Professient in English, Romanian, Russian and other languages (would be an advantage)
- Provide administrative support to the Program team and ensure process integrity;
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between Offices (HQ/Field) and support functions;
- Carry out desk research on specific topics to provide input supporting the development of new proposals.
Key results expected:
- Provide administrative support to the Program team and ensure process integrity, including:
- Support mission preparation including preparation of Travel Request, visa, etc.
- Assist in the on-boarding of new Programs employees, including preparing background readings.
- Ensure organizations’ internal processes are followed; preparation and follow up of Travel and Payment Requests, Purchase Requisition.
- Draft meeting minutes, including of calls with external donors/partners.
- Organize and maintain master file of program-related data and materials, program record files, technical publications, contracts, etc., available to management when requested.
- Support the implementation of consistent templates and tools across the various programs.
- Assist with translations related to the program (if applicable).
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between Offices (HQ/Field) and support functions (e.g. HR, Office of the General Counsel, Finance, Procurement) focusing on the following:
- Support in processing contracts for Contractors/Consultants.
- Maintain up to date files and alert the supervisor of action needed to be taken.
- Coordinate with HR to ensure that administrative aspects of new hires are processed.
- Provide support to program development, coordinating amongst program teams and support functions.
- Coordinate the transmission of draft and narrative reports between offices/units.
- Initiate the process of obtaining signatures and approvals of documents, drafting and circulating routing slips.
- Assist in the organization of institutional and program events/courses/external visits/presentations, and coordinate with other organizations’ interested departments about these.
- Carry out desk research on specific topics to provide input supporting the development of new proposals, including:
- Concept notes, briefing notes, summary status reports,
- Provide input into the organisations’ publications, communications materials, web content, etc.
Impact of results
The Program Officer ensures that internal procedures are followed, highlighting areas that need the attention of management appropriately. The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Program Department and success in implementation of the program strategies. Accurate analysis, research, data entry and presentation of information will ensure a proper program implementation.
Duration - 1 year (with a probation period of up to 3 months). Salary - competitive.
Application deadline - Friday, 25th of September,14:00.