The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Monitoring and Evaluation within its project „Support to the Moldovan Government in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda“.
The overall responsibilities related to this position are as follows:
- Supporting the project manager in setting up an effective internal results-based monitoring (RBM) and evaluation of the project according to GIZ rules and practice;
- Providing assistance to all team members in planning and applying the RBM system in relation to project activities;
- Conceptualizing and facilitating project planning and progress workshops;
- Updating the project´s operational planning;
- Supporting project partners in establishing and applying an RBM system and in reporting according to results;
- Ensuring collection and provision of data for reporting on project results according to GIZ and providing support to project manager in writing progress reports in English and Romanian;
- Acting as focal point for communication & visibility topics as well as for new digital tools;
- Assisting in onboarding of new staff members;
- Planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with reference to own responsibilities;
- Providing management support.
- University degree in International Development, International Affairs, Political Science, Economics or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in international development projects with a focus on designing and implementing M&E and research activities in the fields of sustainable development or public administration;
- Experience in RBM and evaluation as well as project management;
- Strong research methods skills;
- Proven excellent written and verbal skills in Romanian and English; German and/or Russian would be an asset;
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with project staff and partners;
- Fluency in the use of software applications, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and onsite Operations;
- Well-developed understanding of administrative and financial processes;
- Profound knowledge in methodologically conceptualizing and organizing events;
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with excellent time management skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization; mature initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 13 April 2020, time 17:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.