ISSUED BY: OSCE Mission to Moldova
VACANCY NUMBER: VNMOLG00234
VACANCY TYPE: Local Contracted
NUMBER OF POSTS: 1
DUTY STATION: Chisinau
DATE OF ISSUE: 17 March 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 7 April 2020 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
The incumbent provides informational, clerical and programmatic support to the Programme of the Office of Head of Mission under the direct supervision of the Spokesperson and closely co-operates with the Head of Mission, Deputy Head of Mission, Political Officers and National Public Information Officer, as well as with the other international and national Mission Members.
This is a temporary position for maternity leave replacement from 25 May to 31 October 2020.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Researching, compiling and distributing news sourced from local and international media on subjects relevant to the Mission’s activities, and providing summaries and analysis of developments;
- Performing in-depth research of local and international media, compiling relevant news stories and circulates to colleagues on a daily basis. Using all available open source materials, including lifestreams, video reports, audio files, and interview transcripts in Romanian, Russian and English;
- Drafting summaries in English for circulated news stories in Romanian or Russian outlining key developments and statements. Highlights key information in each story;
- Following up and researching relevant developments and reports on them in a coherent, informed and balanced manner;
- Based on news research making informed proposals to Mission Spokesperson of articles to include in the Morning News Digest;
- Following high-level visits, preparing press clippings of news in English, Russian and Romanian;
- Translating from and into English, Romanian and Russian;
- Providing translation assistance on request, including of press products (news items, press release, media advisories, posts for social media channels, etc), and project documents, and media articles and interviews, where relevant;
- Co-ordinating with the OSCE COMMS section in Vienna to upload translated press products on the website;
- Performing secretarial and clerical tasks;
- Under the Spokesperson’s supervision, uploading information and photographs on the Mission’s website, Facebook and Twitter page. Regularly reviewing the Mission’s website and Facebook page and proposing changes to the Spokesperson on necessary updates and improvements;
- Arranging annual Mission’s subscriptions to Moldovan and international press, including preparing and uploading procurement requests;
- Maintaining the Mission’s roster of photographers/cameramen/designers; updating their contracts on annual basis; contacting them prior to events in close co-ordination with other Mission Units as well as prepares payment requests;
- Being responsible for filing all press office documents and products, and maintaining and updating press office files on the U drive;
- Providing technical and logistical assistance for press office events and outreach activities, press conferences and press briefings;
- Administrating the public information material of the Mission and ensuring its availability and proper distribution;
- Assisting in the implementation and co-ordination of projects;
- Providing logistical assistance for press office projects, including contacting participants, reviewing project documents relating to implementation (i.e. budgets, agendas and schedules), handling travel arrangements for the Press Office staff and non-OSCE officials;
- Preparing and uploading procurement requests;
- Assisting to ensure technical coordination, procurement flow and technical assistance at all project levels;
- Performing other duties as assigned
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-to-Moldova
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal training in public information or languages;
- Minimum 4 years experience in public information or as translator interpreter with an international organization or in a media related field;
- Computer literate with practical knowledge of Microsoft packages;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and Russian in addition to local language
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds
- Resident of the Republic of Moldova.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction is EUR 642.50. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Moldova. Social benefits include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. The deadline for submitting the application is 07 April 2020.
Please note that CVs and other applications submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form will not be reviewed. Applications received after the deadline, submitted without reference to the vacancy number or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and informed of the results of the recruitment for this post.
Hostingul si serviciile internet pentru administrarea portalului CIVIC.MD sunt oferite gratuit de compania Starnet