Issue date: 09.01.2020
Closing date: 23.01.2020 10.02.2020
Call for offers
Donau Soja is seeking a
Project Coordinator for component 1, agro and RDI
The Donau Soja Association (Public Association Representative Office in the Republic of Moldova of VEREIN DONAU SOJA Association from Austria) hereby invites individuals (hereafter: the service provider) to send in their proposal for the provision of services described in this Call for offers. The service provider selected will fulfil a role of Agronomist Project Coordinator for component 1, Agro and RDI within a Donau Soja project.
Donau Soja is an independent, international, non-profit, multi-stakeholder organisation aiming to effectively meet protein market demand and to provide a baseline for the development of high quality soya cultivation in the Danube region (www.donausoja.org). The Organisation is seated in Vienna, Austria.
Donau Soja projects in Moldova
Donau Soja implements projects for increasing the competitiveness of the Moldovan agri-food sector (with special focus on the soya value chain).
- Main project that Donau Soja is implementing is EU financed and ADA managed project: “Increasing the competitiveness of the agri-food sector in Moldova through integration to domestic and global value chains, in particular in the soya sector” which aims to improve existing quality standards and to strengthen capacities in vocational education and training in agriculture and is implemented by ADA together with a consortium consisting of Donau Soja and the Moldovan NGO Pro Didactica.
- This project further strengthens the Moldova-component of the regionally organized Strategic Partnership between ADA and Donau Soja, which supports the building of sustainable and inclusive value-chains for GMO-free and organic soya in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Moldova and the Ukraine.
As the scope of two projects is very similar, to avoid any misunderstandings or overlappings here is transparently stated that this particular position will be financed by ADA Strategic Partnership Programme but with primary focus to fulfil the needs of EU financed, ADA managed project, implemented by Donau Soja: “Increasing the competitiveness of the agri-food sector in Moldova through integration to domestic and global value chains, in particular in the soya sector”.
The work of the service provider:
Project Coordinator for component 1. will contribute to implementation of the specific project objective: integration of Moldovan-grown soybeans into the domestic and global value chains by being in charge of AGRO technological know-how transfer and RDI, implemented through demonstration fields, trainings, study tours, best practice transfer and exchange.
- University degree in agriculture, agriculture economics,
- Professional experience in the agriculture value chain development,
- Experience in implementing agriculture development projects,
- Demonstrated skills in retrieving, gathering and obtaining information from various sources,
- Demonstrated initiative in developing practical approaches that improve efficiency and effectiveness of the project,
- Analytical ability, practical problem-solving skills,
- Good knowledge of Moldova agriculture sector and Moldova’s policy,
- Fluency in written and spoken of English, Romanian and Russian,
- Initiative, tact, ability to maintain good working relationship in a multicultural team,
- Advanced computer user skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Internet, etc..),
- Driving License.
As person directly in contact with many project stakeholders, the project coordinator must demonstrate gender, diversity and environmental competence in order to be able to promote Donau Soya values.
The detailed TOR's can be dowloded from:
Documents to be provided
Tenders are to be sent by email to Elena Anghel, firstname.lastname@example.org by 10.02.2020, indicating “Agronomist Project Coordinator for Component 1, AGRO and RDI” in the subject, with the following documents (in English):
- Financial offer
- References (at least three)