IREX Europe is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to support human rights and strengthen independent media and media education. The IREX Europe approach emphasizes partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
IREX Europe is looking for an experienced Grant Manager Consultant based in Moldova for a 3-year project aiming to strengthen Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), including small grants for events, campaigning and advocacy. The Consultant will be involved at part time (50%) in the project and will be responsible for grant and financial management. The position is Moldova-based, with potential for travel in the other countries targeted by the project.
The Grant Manager Consultant will be required to work in proactive cooperation with the IREX Europe Project Management team in Lyon, as well as with the Project Management Consultant who will also be recruited in Moldova. Co-working space will be provided if required.
- Manage the small grants provided to CSOs in Moldova, including the development of calls for applications, participation in the selection of grantees, coordination with the supported CSOs, mentoring of grant implementation, monitoring visits, checking and approval of financial and narrative grant reports, coordination with IREX Europe in France to ensure payments, etc.
- Continuously report on small grant implementation and progress, success stories, challenges faced in order to identify corrective measures, etc. to the IREX Europe project team in France.
- Work in coordination and keep the Project Management Consultant in Moldova informed on the grants progress.
- Formal education – degree/masters in a relevant field of study (law, human rights, development, project management, social studies, international relations, finance etc) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least five years’ experience in grant and financial management and support to CSOs
- A good knowledge of civil society organisations in Moldova
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule, with excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Romanian is mandatory, Russian language skills are a strong plus
The consultant will be recruited under a consultancy contract for 34 months, with a tentative start date on the 2nd of March 2020. Fees dependent on experience and in compliance with the IREX Europe project consultancy scale.
If you are interested please send a CV and motivation letter to Anne-Katrin Zapryanova ([email protected]) before the 07/02/2020. If pre-selected, you will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.