The CPIU IFAD has received financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) towards the cost of Talent Retention for Rural Transformation Project (TRTP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the recruitment of consulting services provided by an individual consultant as part of the post of Infrastructure Project Development Engineer.
The use of any IFAD financing shall be subject to IFAD’s approval, pursuant to the terms and conditions of the financing agreement, as well as IFAD’s rules, policies and procedures. IFAD and its officials, agents and employees shall be held harmless from and against all suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses and liability of any kind or nature brought by any party in connection with Talent Retention for Rural Transformation Project (TRTP).
The consulting services (“the services”) include but not limited to:
1) Ensuring the product promotion process for the development of smallholder irrigation infrastructure, including office and field advisory support.
2) Ensuring the selection process of potential beneficiaries (LPAs and producer groups) – analysis of the documents submitted to the competition, field visit, recruitment of experts, if necessary, preparation of the documentation for the approval committee.
3) Identification and selection process of: design company, technical manager and executing company.
4) Ensuring the whole implementation process (realization) of the approved projects.
5) Training of interpersonal skills in the work process (team spirit, communication and interpersonal skills, awareness of the importance of quality of work and timely completion of activities);
6) Familiarity with and compliance with IFAD policies on data confidentiality, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing, IFAD policies on prevention of fraud and corruption in its activities and operations, prevention of and response to moral and sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse.
7) Identify the main problems that delay the identification of new grant recipients, create and strengthen client groups and identify innovative ways of promotion other than those practiced by the institution;
8) Identify the main problems delaying the selection of contractors and technical managers for infrastructure objects, as reported by the institution’s employees;
9) Identification and analysis of the tender evaluation process (purpose of evaluation, team involved and indicators used);
10) Drafting of responses and administrative operations characteristic of different types of applicants: clarifications, reports, evaluations, requests, analyses, etc.;
11) Identify actions that would improve the quality of the environment, applicable through the lens of the infrastructure objects financed by UCIP IFAD.
This request for expressions of interest (REOI) follows the general procurement notice that appeared on the IFAD website on 21 November 2023.
The attention of interested consultants is drawn to IFAD’s Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism Policy and the Revised IFAD Policy on Preventing Fraud and Corruption its Activities and Operations. The latter sets forth IFAD’s provisions on prohibited practices. IFAD further strives to ensure a safe working environment free of harassment, including sexual harassment, and free of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) in its activities and operations as detailed in its IFAD Policy to Preventing and Responding to Sexual Harassment, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
Interested consultants shall not have any actual, potential or reasonably perceived conflict of interest. Consultants with an actual, potential or reasonably perceived conflict of interest shall be disqualified unless otherwise explicitly approved by the Fund. Consultants are considered to have a conflict of interest if they a) have a relationship that provides them with undue or undisclosed information about or influence over the selection process and the execution of the contract, or b) have a business or family relationship with a member of the client’s board of directors or its personnel, the Fund or its personnel, or any other individual that was, has been or might reasonably be directly or indirectly involved in any part of (i) the preparation of the REOI, (ii) the selection process for this procurement, or (iii) execution of the contract. Consultants have an ongoing obligation to disclose any situation of actual, potential or reasonably perceived conflict of interest during preparation of the EOI, the selection process or the contract execution. Failure to properly disclose any of said situations may lead to appropriate actions, including the disqualification of the consultant, the termination of the contract and any other as appropriate under the IFAD Policy on Preventing Fraud and Corruption in its Projects and Operations.
The CPIU IFAD now invites eligible Individual consultants (“consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services in the form of a curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection (ICS) method set out in IFAD’ Project Procurement Handbook that can be accessed via the IFAD website at www.ifad.org/project-procurement. Interviews will conduct as part of the selection process.
The shortlisting criteria are:
|Criterii de apreciere||Punctaj|
|1||Qualifications and general experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in one of the following fields: Hydrotechnical Construction, Irrigation – 20 pts; Environmental engineering or Water supply, Sewerage – 20 pts;
· Holding a certificate of technical/professional certification as a designer/responsible person, technician/site manager, would be an advantage;
|2||Specific experience as an independent expert:
– – Professional experience in the field of construction engineering, i.e. construction management of infrastructure projects such as irrigation systems, lakes/water reservoirs (number of years of activity)
– Experience in the design of infrastructure objects for irrigation, water supply or experience in technical supervision of the construction of infrastructure objects;
– Knowledge of Romanian, Russian and English
– Digital computer skills (known software)
|4||Competences demonstrated at interview for candidates who obtain at least 40 points for criteria 1, 2 and 3 above):
· Theoretical and practical knowledge, communication skills
· Skills of analysis, synthesis and practical application of information in the fields of civil construction, road construction, engineering construction, hydro-improvement
· Knowledge of national standards and construction inspection practices
Any request for clarification on this REOI should be sent via e-mail to the address below email@example.com no later than 04 December 2023, 13:00 Moldova Time. The client will provide responses to all clarification requests by 05 December 2023, 17:00 Moldova Time.
Expressions of interest in the form of curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 06 December 2023, 15:00 Moldova Time. With indication of the reference number of the tender.
Attn: Alexandru Scurtu, Procurement Specialist CPIU IFAD
Ştefan cel Mare, 162, of. 1303
Republica Moldova, MD-2004
Tel: 0 22 22 50 46
 The policy is accessible at https://www.ifad.org/en/document-detail/asset/41942012.
 The policy is accessible at https://www.ifad.org/en/document-detail/asset/40738506.