EpiC Moldova Serviciul Inginerie pentru Supravegherea Calității Tehnice
FHI 360 is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving life in sustainable ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in the field of health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research and technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address current interrelated development challenges. The FHI 360 serves over 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states, and all U.S. territories. Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), an eight-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV control and preventing, preparing, responding, and strengthening health systems to address COVID-19. Although it was originally designed as an HIV program, EpiC has been modified to accept COVID-19 funding and is currently implementing COVID-19 activities in more than 50 countries. In Moldova, EpiC provides prior site preparation to support the supply of oxygen to four hospitals receiving oxygen-generating installations with oscillating pressure adsorption (PSA), purchased through the Global Fund's COVID-19 Response Mechanism grant. We are currently looking for qualified technical entities (either a firm or a qualified person) to carry out a short-term work task in Moldova within the epic project.The object of the worksFHI 360 is looking for an architectural and engineering firm (A&E) or an individual to provide technical supervision of the quality of civil and mechanical engineering and assistance in the construction process of the selected facilities in preparation for the arrival and installation of PSA installations, as well as to ensure the quality installation of concrete support platforms and oxygen pipes. The exact activities included in this role may vary slightly depending on the infrastructure and extent of site preparation at each site. The preference is for an engineering firm or a firm with adequate experience, but individuals will also be considered if they meet the minimum requirements. The selected entity will work closely with the technical advisor, Liquid Oxygen, or its representative, at the headquarters of FHI 360/EpiC.Representative duties and responsibilities
- Carrying out the preliminary assessment of the works for the oxygen piping systems in the selected health facilities and reviewing the contractor's workloads, describing the specifications, the material selection criteria, the necessary equipment, the construction plan, the location, the inspection and examination instructions (including pressure testing), the general safety instructions, etc.;
- Participation in the selection of the supplier for construction and pipelines, the evaluation of their proposals and technical specifications, including the quality parameters and the standards offered;
- Ensuring regular on-site supervision, coordination and technical supervision of the selected supplier during the construction works;
- Participating in stakeholder engagement activities and providing technical updates on construction and pipeline processes;
- Working with selected local suppliers/contractors and hospital administrators to plan and produce a timetable for the execution of constructions at each hospital, in accordance with Assist International's recommendations
- Assistance in respect of any documentation related to non-clinical technical assistance
- Performance of other assigned tasks
Place of work: Chisinau, Moldova
Change of place: Frequent visits can be made between the health units located in Chisinau, the city of Glodeni and the city of Calarasi, where the entity or consultant will provide support and supervision. Timetable and address for submission Proposals must be submitted no later than 9 June 2023 at 17:00 ET. The required documentation in English listed below should be sent by e-mail to EpiCMoldova@fhi360.org
- Education in civil engineering, mechanics, industrial engineering, other relevant field of study or local equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the implementation or provision of technical assistance in healthcare facilities focused on quality surveillance in the field of civil and/or mechanical engineering.
- Active bachelor's or certification of civil or mechanical engineering in Moldova (according to Moldovan engineering standards)
- Proven experience in the management of medical oxygen and related equipment such as PSA/VSA, Oxygen Concentrators and Cylinders.
- Experience in psa construction and pipelines.
- Proven knowledge of the Moldovan health system.
- Previous experience in working with construction projects financed by international donors is an advantage.
- Ability to work quickly, both in person and remotely, with team members in different locations.
- The ability to exchange information, present recommendations and collaborate with colleagues
and collaborators within the EpiC project and possibly externally.
- Ability to meet deadlines with special attention to consistency, detail and quality.
- Ability to travel within the country as needed.
- Fluency in the Romanian language is required; professional knowledge of English is an advantage.
- Organizational capabilities of the company with the payment tariff (in the case of an entity) or CV and the payment tariff (in the case of a natural person).
- Cover letter showing interest and experience