The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a consultant to elaborate legal amendments for implementing the recommendations resulting from the study “Next steps for Correctional Industries” commissioned by GIZ, within its “Economic Policy Advice to the Moldovan Government” project.
For the Terms of Reference (ToR) and eventual questions, please address a message to the e-mail: email@example.com indicating the tender number in the message title, not later than June 14, 2021 time 17:00.
The objective of the assignment is to elaborate a legislative initiative and informative note to update existing legislation to boost the correctional industries of the Republic of Moldova, as proposed in the study commissioned by the “Economic Policy Advice to the Moldovan Government” project, implemented by GIZ. The ToR describing the assignment and the mentioned study will be provided upon request to interested applicants.
- Relevant higher education – academic degree in law or public policy;
- Relevant experience – at least 5 years of experience in law or public policy, elaboration of draft laws, regulations, other normative documents;
- Good understanding of the penitentiary system is desirable,
- Experience and knowledge of regional / international regulation of correctional industries represent an advantage;
- Previous experience with legal framework on penitentiary / correctional industries at national level is an asset,
- Fluency in Romanian language is required, and basic English is preferable.
Bids shall include:
a) Technical offer containing (in a separate document):
- CV with contact data;
- Cover letter outlining any relevant experience, as per above-mentioned requirements
- Bank account data, including bank name, code, and IBAN in MDL currency.
b) Original detailed financial offer in MDL, corresponding to the activities proposed for implementation and requirements established in the ToR received (in a separate document).
Bids evaluation will be performed based on the ratio 70% for the technical offer and 30% for the financial offer.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova.
Applications shall be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org showing the tender number 83382867 and subject on it, not later than 18 June 2021, time 17:00.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.