The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a short-term expert to support strengthening the Roma Community mediators’ network, within its “Economic Policy Advice to the Moldovan Government” project (MEPA).
For the detailed ToR, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, showing the tender number in the message title.
The objective of the assignment is to support strengthening the Roma Community mediators’ network, to continue the employment of at least 10 new community mediators (CMs) in 2021, and to offer support for other activities related to Roma population, with an overall goal to help this national minority to access the formal labor market and to ensure a better use of public finance planned for CMs.
To achieve the objective the short-term expert shall perform the following tasks:
a. Strengthening the CMs’ network and employment of CMs:
- Facilitate and participate in at least 20 meetings with LPAs and representatives of Roma community in order to inform about and promote the function of CM;
- Support at least 10 LPAs in the identification, selection, and recruitment process of the potential candidates to fulfill the role of CMs;
- Raise awareness and strengthen the capacities of CMs by organizing at least 2 events, tackling, and debating main challenges, constraints as well as opportunities for CM’s functioning, as well as develop their skills in facilitating the integration of the Roma population into the labor market;
- Advise and assist the service providers, contracted by the MEPA project, in developing the curricula for CMs and creating a webpage of the National Association of Community Mediators.
b. Other activities related to Roma population support:
- Advise the short-term expert, contracted by the MEPA project on updating the Representative Report on mapping the localities densely populated by Roma in the Republic of Moldova, in conducting a survey on Roma mapping about persons to be interviewed, and participate in selected (at least 20) interviews upon preliminary agreement with the project team;
- Advise the service provider, contracted by the MEPA project on coaching related to the access to finance for Roma entrepreneurs, in the identification of 4-5 locations with high potential on entrepreneurship development and in the organization of 4-5 coaching sessions, as well as to participate in all coaching sessions organized;
- Target and approach, jointly with CMs, at least 40 unemployed Roma with overall focus on their effective subsequent employment.
This assignment will require a specialized short-term expert with:
- At least secondary education degree;
- Up to 3 years of general work experience at the national or regional level;
- Experience in collaboration with the Roma community and local authorities;
- Experience in work with CMs, excellent knowledge of mediators’ functions and tasks;
- Excellent knowledge of the Roma community features in the Republic of Moldova;
- Extended inter-personal network in the Roma community;
- Experience in the development assistance or related work for a donor / implementing organization;
- Ability to effectively communicate with national institutions, stakeholders and beneficiaries, address complex issues and find compromises in difficult situations;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Language skills: fluency in Romanian is required, knowledge of other languages spoken by national minorities represent an advantage.
The successful bids shall include:
- detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the position (in a separate document).
- financial offer, including gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount per up to 75 working days of assignment, for the period March 2021 – November 2021 (in a separate document).
Bids evaluation will be performed based on the ratio 70% for the technical offer (including company and experts experience, capacity to perform as required, correspondence of technical offer to the conditions set in the ToR) and 30% for the financial offer.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova.
Applications shall be submitted via email to email@example.com showing the tender number (83375295) and subject on it, not later than March 22, 2021, time 17:00.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Questions shall be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by showing tender number in the message title.