The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Short-term Adviser to Support on establishing and consolidating the institutional platform for governing dual VET and on producing the necessary normative and institutional adjustments within its “Support to Vocational Education in the Field of Green Economy” Project.
The Adviser will be responsible for providing professional advisory services on establishing and consolidation of an institutional platform for governing dual VET and on producing necessary normative and institutional adjustments.
For the detailed Terms of Reference, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the tender number in the message title.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Revise and adjust the models proposed by international experts’ mission 2019, to the current conditions in Moldova, under consideration of the effects of the pandemic on dual VET and the necessary post-pandemic relief measures
- In close interaction with regional offices established by the Project, set up a permanent communication structure with VET institutions, apprentices and teachers involved in dual VET and collect the required data and information for consolidating the approach
- Re-activate the established working group consisting of key stakeholders in dual VET, discuss the establishment of the institutional platform and identify practical measures to initiate the establishment of the governance structure
- Maintain track records about the apprentices and follows the quality of their educational process.
- Ensure legislative coherence and coordination with the social partners, as well as international donors and development partners
- Ensure institutional continuity and commitment and provide information for all players in the dual VET sector
- Feed conclusions and recommendations of the consultations above into the monthly and final reports.
- University degree at Masters’ level in sciences, economy, education, political studies or similar.
- at least 5 years of professional experience in governance with high level (i.e. Ministerial) expertise
- experience with promoting dual VET at decision-making (governmental) level, including creating the relevant normative and institutional infrastructure (legislation, competent bodies, etc.)
- advisory expertise within Ministry of Education
- excellent network within the governmental/NGO/industry environment in Moldova
- experience in advising in reforming process of the education systems and governance in Moldova
Language skills: Excellent language skills in English and Romanian.
Permanent workplace for this position is planned to be established in Chisinau. The experts’ input will comprise a total number of up to 180 working days, over the contract duration: March 2021 – December 2021, out of the total number of days, up to 40 trips are estimated to be in country travel.
The consultant will be paid monthly, based on the timesheets and deliverables provided and approved by the Project Manager.
Applications shall include:
- Detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the assignment.
- Brief methodology and approach;
- Brief concept note;
- Financial offer, including
- gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount for per up to 180 workdays of assignment, for the period March 2021 – December 2021.
- trip travel budget, to be paid as a lump sum in MDL, and a total amount for per up to 40 round trips, for the period March 2021 – December 2021.
- Accommodation for up to 10 nights, for the period March 2021 – December 2021.
- total budget, MDL.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applications shall be delivered in sealed envelopes, showing the tender number (83374624) and subject on it, to the address of GIZ Office Chisinau (66 Bernardazzi St., 5th floor, left wing; Chisinau, MD-2009), not later than 5 March 2021, time 17:00.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment with a modified job description.
Eventual questions shall be e-mailed to email@example.com, by showing tender number in the message title.
This project is implemented with the financial support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).