The Strengthening Efficiency and Access to Justice in Moldova Project is seeking for a National Consultant to support strategic planning within the National Centre for Judicial Expertise (A2J Project).
The expected output for the national consultant’s assignment is to provide support to the NCJE in building within the organisation’s strategic and results based planning capacities and skills as well as facilitate the process of drafting the institution’s Activity plan for 2021, developing the Strategic Planning Document for the period 2022 - 2024 including the priorities towards institutional development, based on the findings and recommendations of the Report on the institutional development needs assessment. It is expected that the consultant will apply in his/her work best practices and methodological tools required in line with the national legislation, applying the results-based management approach, ensuring active engagement of management and staffers throughout the process. Additionally, the consultant shall provide coaching of management and delegated staffers in the context of elaboration strategic documents. The assignment shall be carried out in close cooperation with the management of the NCJE.
In order to achieve the stated objective, the consultant will have the following:
- Prepare a detailed work plan and inception report describing the methodology and approach to be applied for this assignment;
- Undertake a comprehensive desk review of the relevant legal framework, policies and regulations related to the institution’s roles and responsibilities, as well as strategic planning documentation of national forensic institutions from EU Member States. As part of the review the consultant shall also analyse the findings of the Report on the institutional development needs assessment development with the A2J Project, the strategic documents approved by the institutions;
- Conduct informative interviews and consultation meetings with stakeholders within the NCJE, to identify the results in implementation of the Reform measures of the NCJE and associated Action Plan and establish the expectations for the future institutional development of the NCJE. It is expected that both higher management, heads of subdivisions and personnel will be engaged in discussions;
- Organise and facilitate the 2020 institutional activity review and 2021 planning session. It is expected that both higher management and heads of subdivisions will be engaged in the activity;
- Contribute to development, applying the results-based planning principles and in a participatory manner, the NCJE Activity Plan for 2021;
- Develop in close cooperation with the NCJE management and delegated staffers the Strategic Planning Document for the period 2022 - 2024 including the priorities towards institutional development, addressing the findings and recommendations of the Report on the institutional development needs assessment;
- Organise and facilitate consultations with the NCJE management and staffers to present and validate the Activity Plan for 2021 and Strategic Planning Document for the period 2022 - 2024;
- Work with the NCJE management and staffers to enhance their knowledge and skills on strategic planning techniques and tools, results-based planning principles, monitoring and evaluation techniques and tools, through regular training, coaching and consultancy;
- Provide change implementation advice based on the recommendations of the Report on the institutional development needs assessment;
- Develop and provide monthly activity reports describing briefly the progress in conducting the assignment and developing the deliverables connected to the consultancy.
For detailed information, please refer to Terms of Reference by following the link https://sc.undp.md/jobs/2151/
Proposals must be submitted online no later than 26 November 2020. For detailed instructions, please, follow the link above and get acquainted with the Individual Contractor Procurement Notice attached to the announcement.
Requests for clarification only must be sent by standard electronic communication to the following e-mail: [email protected].