epublic of Moldova
Moldova Education Reform Project (MERP)
Credit No. 6181-MD
Assignment Title: Update/revise training program for teachers, developed in 2016, based on training evaluation and to convert the training program in a remote learning course
The Ministry of Education, Culture and Research (MoECR) has received financing from the World Bank Group toward the cost of the Moldova Education Reform Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consulting services.
The objective of the assignment is to support the MoECR in updating / revising existing in-service training program for teachers, based on the recommendations proposed in the evaluation reports and to convert the training program in a remote learning course.
More detailed information is mentioned in the Terms of References.
The MoECR now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
Minimum requirements for the firm:
- At least 3 remote training programs (including curriculum, information materials, practical tasks, initial and final assessment tests) for educational staff developed and implemented in the last 5 years;
- The implementation team should include: expert(s) in education / in-services training for teachers and expert in elaboration of remote learning courses.
Minimum requirements for key team members:
Expert(s) in education / in-services training for teachers.Responsible for updating existing materials based on the results of evaluation, developing new materials (presentations, tests, etc.), converting the training program in the distance learning course and elaborating of the methodological suggestions for trainers. Also, the expert in educational will assume the responsibilities of team leader such as coordination of the team activities carried out under the assignment and submission of all reports:
- Advanced degree (masters or higher desirable) in pedagogy, education policy or related fields;
- At least 7 years of practical working in the education sector;
- Experience in leading teams to develop and to deliver in-service training programs for teachers;
- Experience in implementing remote learning programs would be an advantage;
- Excellent technical writing skills in Romanian;
- Good knowledge of English and Russian (both written and oral) would be an advantage.
Expert in elaboration of remote learning courses– responsible for the design of the course, placement of materials, elaboration of suggestions for trainers:
- University degree (Masters or higher would be an asset) in education or ICT;
- Experience in developing at least 5 distance learning courses (courses developed individually or in cooperation with other specialists);
- Experience in delivering training programs / in elaboration of tutorials for trainers how to use web applications for distance learning;
- Good knowledge of Romanian and Russian languages;
- Knowledge of English would be an advantage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment: The Consultants that elaborated the training programs for teachers and school managers are not eligible for this assignment.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on the Consultants’ Qualifications procurement method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09 00 to 17 00 hours, Moldova local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by October 16, 2020 16:00o’clock, Moldova local time.
Ministry of Education, Culture and Researchof the Republic of Moldova, MERP
Stefan cel Mare 180, 13th floor, room no. 1307,
mun. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova MD-2004
Attn: Sergiu Harea – Project Coordinator
Tel/fax: 022 23-25-02
E-mail: [email protected]