The Strengthening Efficiency and Access to Justice in Moldova Project is seeking for a National Communication and Outreach Consultant (A2J Project).
The expected output for the national consultant’s assignment is to provide support to awareness raising and communication on the A2J Project work in full compliance with the applicable visibility guidelines and rules, including via implementation of the Project’s Communication Strategy and Activity Plan, development and dissemination of information, promotion materials and handouts, as well as working with project’s beneficiaries, Responsible Parties (NGOs IPR and Invento) and NGOs engaged in the institutional development activities, to ensure synergy in communication about the achieved results of the Project. Additionally, the consultant is expected to significantly contribute to building the communication capacities of the NGOs engaged in the institutional development activities lead by IPR and those of the forensic institutions to interact with the public (including CSOs and local communities), professional groups and development partners, applying innovative communication approaches via social media platforms, as well as support the delivery of outreach and visibility activities and campaigns initiated by the Project Team, Project Responsible Parties and/or beneficiary institutions, contributing to achievement of A2J project expected results.
In order to achieve the stated objective, the Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide communication and visibility support to all Project’s activities where necessary;
- Lead the implementation of the Project’s Communication Strategy and Visibility Plan in close partnership with the Project Team and UNDP Communications Analyst;
- Ensure and maintain cooperation/liaison and information with UNDP Communications Analyst;
- Identify and maintain close cooperation and communication with both print and electronic media, and other media outlets, e.g., web portals;
- Maintain the Project’s event calendar and insert regularly updates into UNDP event calendar;
- Draft, summarize and edit succinct communications pieces of varying length for different internal and external audiences in close cooperation with the Project team and UNDP Communications Analyst;
- Prepare information about the Project’s most important achievements to be disseminated through the national media, as well as local and/or regional communications channels and outlets;
- Maintain and update when needed the Project’s profile on UNDP website;
- Ensure compliance with all corporate rules and regulations of UNDP and the Donor organization in the field of communication and visibility promotion and reporting;
- Monitor and ensure compliant use by Project team, Project Responsible Parties, NGOs engaged in the institutional development activities lead by IPR, of the Project Communication Guidelines and technical specifications for branded items;
- Contribute to development, design and layout of A2J project materials, communication packages (e.g. reports, posters, infographics, facto-graphics, handouts, images, dynamic presentations, etc.) for internal and external audiences, for presentation, print, online and media outlets use;
- Coordinate and oversee, in line with UNDP and Donor editorial and visual guidelines, printing of materials/products produced within the project, advising on print solutions, coordinating with printing houses and ensuring delivery of final error-free agreed materials;
- Contribute to successful conceptualization, organization and delivery of Project and beneficiary institution outreach and visibility activities and campaigns in close partnership with the Project Team, delegated representatives of the Responsible Parties and UNDP Communications Analyst. Throughout the process the consultant shall ensure compliance with the expected results under the A2J project and use of human rights-based approach;
- Provide advice and assistance to building the communication capacities of the NGOs engaged in the institutional development activities lead by IPR;
- Provide advice and assistance to enhancing the national forensic institutions’ outreach tools and capacities, identifying new communication channels, as well as support conceptualization and organization of outreach activities in line with the Project Communication Strategy. Throughout the process the consultant shall ensure compliance with the expected results under the A2J project and use of human rights-based approach;
- Contribute to the development, in a participatory manner, of the Communication Strategy and Plans of the national forensic institutions;
- Provide support and coordinate the process of building institutional identity of the national forensic institutions and ensuring uniform internal and external communication;
- Contribute to the development, design and layout of communication packages for the national forensic institutions (e.g. reports, posters, infographics, facto-graphics. handouts, images, dynamic presentations, etc.) for internal and external audiences, presentation, print, online and media outlets use;
- Support the process of attracting additional consultancy support and/or services in the area of communications and visibility, necessary for A2J project implementation;
- Provide inputs and contribution to the ToRs developed for contracting communication/PR companies for the delivery of specific communication services and products focusing on vulnerable groups, as well as participate in the evaluation of offers submitted in the context of launched competitions for procurement of above mentioned;
- Respond to requests for inputs from UNDP, the beneficiary institutions with respect to communication and visibility aspects of the Project;
- Develop monthly reports on the performed activity and carried out tasks;
Undertake any other related tasks requested on an ad hoc basis.
For detailed information, please refer to Terms of Reference by following the link https://sc.undp.md/jobdetails/2089/
Proposals must be submitted online no later than 18 September 2020. For detailed instructions, please, follow the link above and get acquainted with the Individual Contractor Procurement Notice attached to the announcement.
Requests for clarification only must be sent by standard electronic communication to the following e-mail: email@example.com.