NDI Moldova Job Vacancy: Senior Program Assistant / Program Officer (Opinion Research & Infotegrity)
NDI/Moldova is announcing a job vacancy for Senior Program Assistant / Program Officer for Opinion Research & Infotegrity. NDI welcomes all applicants, regardless of experience, age, gender or any other criteria. NDI offers a flexible working environment, a mission-driven programmatic experience in democratic development, and a competitive compensation package, with additional employee benefits (i.e., private health insurance).
Early applications are welcome. NDI will invite shortlisted applicants for interviews on a continuous basis. Please submit a recent CV and a letter of interest, in English, outlining your experience, interest in democratic development and experience in research and data analysis. NDI prefers that CVs are written in a simple format, with a maximum of 2 pages, containing information and experience which is relevant to the job description. Please do not submit Europass CVs and avoid sending a photo.
Applications must be submitted to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: September 10, 2022. Early applications are welcome. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
Position title: Senior Program Assistant / Program Officer
Supervisor: The jobholder reports directly to the Program Department Manager
Work format: Mainly office work, with the possibility of a hybrid format as indicated by the Operations Manager and the Program Department Manager, in line with NDI Moldova guidelines, wherever available. Occasional field travel is possible, both as a job requirement and as a staff development activity. The work may include occasional evening and weekend assignments, which are compensated according to the NDI HR policy. An average of 8 hours per day, 5 days a week, are expected for a full time position.
The National Democratic Institute in Moldova (NDI Moldova) seeks to hire a Senior Program Assistant / Program Officer with strong analytical, research, organizational, and interpersonal skills to join the programmatic staff. The Senior Program Assistant / Program Officer will support the implementation of opinion research projects and activities related to the analysis of the informational environment in Moldova. The position offers professional growth opportunities, depending on the experience and performance of the selected candidate. An interest in democratic development, politics, media, and the information environment is of utmost importance.
- Assist with the execution of program, and/or team plans by performing administrative and programmatic assignments in accordance with established expectations and timelines;
- Complete, with limited guidance, basic research and analysis assignments and provide summarized findings in a clear, concise and understandable manner, with objectives, relevant facts, data, and conclusions presented as required;
- Draft materials for dissemination to internal and external audiences, including donors and other key program partners, ensuring proper and accurate formatting, spelling, and grammar usage as well as inclusion of required content;
- Serve as the point of contact for NDI partner organizations and vendors;
- Support the planning and organization of events and meetings with relevant partners and stakeholders and provide onsite support;
- Contribute substantially and timely to all NDI internal reporting needs, by drafting summaries, monthly reports, answering clarifying questions, providing illustrative examples and visuals, and other reporting tasks as assigned by Department, M&E Managers, Head of Programs, Country or Deputy Country Director.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives as needed;
- Actively seek and engage in professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge in project/program management, and maintain a general working knowledge of relevant program trends and issues occurring external to NDI;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Adhere to NDI’s organizational values, standards of conduct, policies and processes, and any other established expectations for NDI employees, including those related to performance, i.e. goals and position description responsibilities.
- University studies, preferably in Statistics, Data Science, Sociology or other relevant fields.
- Relevant experience working in areas related to media, policy analysis, governance, or other related fields; work experience in the opinion research field or related to it will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in analyzing and compiling information;
- Experience in organizing public events;
- Experience in media analysis or monitoring will be considered an advantage;
- Experience of working in an international organization is highly desirable.
- Fluency in verbal and written English, Romanian, and Russian.
Knowledge and skills
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of Google Suite tools preferred;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret information and draw key conclusions;
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively coordinate and tactfully liaise with a wide range of people at all levels;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Action management skills (time management, organization, judgment) to ensure ability to balance competing priorities successfully, and to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy;
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm, with an hour-long lunch break. The job holder will complete occasional weekend and evening assignments.