The Community Solutions Program (CSP) provides community leaders (age 25-38) from 94 countries in all regions of the world with a four-month professional development experience in the United States that includes a 35-hour per week practicum at a U.S. host organization and a 10-hour per week leadership development course. Community Solutions fellows then return home to implement a six-month community action project that leverages the knowledge, skills, and network that fellows developed in the United States.
- be eligible for a U.S. J-1 visa. Program participants must return to and reside in Moldova or two years after completion of their program
- Applicants must be between the ages of 25-38
- Applicants must have at least two years of experience working on community development, either as a full-time or part-time employee or volunteer
- Applicants must be living and working in their home country (individuals with refugee status working on behalf of their home community may be given special consideration)
- Applicants must have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
CSP fellows are matched with non-profit organizations, private entities, and government offices across the United States where they work with U.S. colleagues on initiatives related to issues they face in their own communities. Community Solutions leaders work in one of four technical areas: Environmental Issues, Tolerance and Conflict Resolution, Transparency and Accountability, and Women and Gender Issues.
CSP fellows develop innovative community action projects in collaboration with their U.S. host institutions and implement these projects after they return to their home countries to integrate their new skills and knowledge into their community work at home. Project summaries are made available online, allowing fellows to share their work with other community leaders around the world.
Deadline to submit your application is October 28, 2020!!!
For more information about the program please visit: https://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/community-solutions