Open to: Applicants from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Belarus
Closing Date: 15 January , 2021
Grant Amount: EUR 3500 for single organisation applications, EUR 7000 for joint cross-border applications
Project Name: Giving Voice, Driving Change - From the Borderland to the Steppes
Preference will be given to cross-border joint projects.
The Institute for War and Peace Reporting (IWPR) is currently accepting applications for investigative reporting grants as part of its Giving Voice, Driving Change - from the Borderland to the Steppes project.
From the Borderland to the Steppes supports democratic growth, good governance and human rights in Caucasus, Moldova, Ukraine and Central Asia by strengthening the abilities of independent media and civil society organisations. The project is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway.
Applications are open to media outlets and investigative studios from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia and Moldova who produce media content and have a platform (print, online, radio or TV) for its distribution.
Priority will be given to applications which explore topics relevant to the region and involve cooperation of journalists across borders.
The following are the priority thematic areas, however other proposals will also be carefully considered:
- Armenia and Azerbaijan: developments after the Karabakh War with a focus on human rights and displaced persons, post-conflict reconstruction and confidence building;
- Georgia and Moldova: Governance, disinformation and the coronavirus pandemic;
- Belarus: Governance, human rights, and the coronavirus pandemic.
The applicant should deliver one investigative report in any format (print, multimedia, audio, video) and have a clear distribution plan.
The investigative report should be published no later than 15 March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested organisations should provide completed application and budget forms, along with CVs of all individuals to be engaged in the project, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions can be directed to email@example.com. Replies will be provided by IWPR staff until 28 December, 2020.
- Full Request for Applications: Grants for Investigative Reporting Projects.pdf
- Application Form Single Submission.docx
- Budget Form Single Submission 2020.xlsx
- Application Form Joint Submission.docx
- Budget Form Joint Submission 2020.xlsx