The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. Since 1983, IRI has worked to develop democratic institutions and ideals, carrying out a variety of international programs to promote freedom, self-government and the rule of law worldwide. IRI provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance and advancing the rule of law.
IRI’s work in Moldova supports the development of political parties and the inclusion of citizens in democratic political processes. IRI seeks a vendor that can provide ongoing health insurance options to its staff members in Moldova.
Period of Performance:
April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022
Interested bidders must present the technical bids outlining the following information:
IRI Moldova is seeking an insurance company to insure health of its current employees with possible extension of the number of insured persons in the future.
The selected insurance provider will be responsible for providing high quality coverage of medical expenses for local IRI staff and their dependents. Please provide the full scope of coverage of the different health insurance policies that you are able to provide for a group our size. We would like as much detail as possible about the extent of coverage and whether the costs will be covered in full (100%) or in part; if in part, then up to what percentage for each item. We would like to be provided with the following details and coverage.
- Is there a network of doctors that is covered? If not, can the employee visit any doctor?- Is each doctor visit paid by insurance at 100%? If not, how much does the employee have to pay?- Is each doctor visit paid by insurance at 100%? If not, how much does the employee have to pay?- Specify the scope of dental coverage such as surgical extraction & filling, root canal therapy, scaling, dental prescriptions and dental x-rays. Will each of the above covered in full or part?- Specify coverage of optical services including yearly vision exam, surgeries, accidental injuries etc.- Specify diagnostic investigations coverage such as CT scan, MRI scan, blood work, and echocardiography- Annual health checkups- Scope of emergency service coverage at a local hospital- Is there an annual limit on per employee expenses for health treatment?- What are the terms and conditions for terminating an agreement with you, the insurance provider? Notice period?- Specify any exclusions
If the Bidder is a U.S. organization/resident, or a foreign organization/resident which has income effectively connected with the conduct of activities in the U.S. or has an office or a place of business or a fiscal paying agent in the U.S., the technical bids must contain Bidder’s Taxpayer Identification Number.
Price information should be presented as a firm-fixed Unit Price for each of the deliverables identified below and in the format of the table below. Pricing must be valid for at least 60 (sixty) calendar days after the due date for proposal submission. The proposed Unit Price should be fixed and inclusive of all costs to perform, including inspection services, transportation, taxes, import duties (if any), and other levies. If there are any additional fees not reflected in the table below, such pricing must be fully described in the bid. Please provide a detailed coverage estimate for members (IRI staff) and their dependents. Please provide cost estimates for different policy types. Bids must be submitted in Moldovan lei; payments under any resulting contract will be made in this currency. Please provide details concerning coverage areas including Chisinau and surrounding regions, network system if applicable, the co-pay system, the coverage percentage of treatments and procedures, and the duration of services to be eligible for use (i.e. maternity and surgery).
IFB Terms and Conditions:
1. Prospective Bidders are requested to review clauses incorporated by reference in the section “Notice Listing Contract Clauses Incorporated by Reference”. By submitting a bid, bidder agrees to comply with all terms, conditions, and provisions included in the solicitation and agreement to the services identified above and will specifically identify any disagreement with or exceptions to the terms, conditions, and provisions; 2. IRI may reject any or all bids if such is within IRI’s interest.2. IRI may reject any or all bids if such is within IRI’s interest.3. The Bidder’s initial bid should contain the Bidder’s best offer.4. IRI reserves the right to make multiple awards or partial awards if, after considering administrative burden, it is in IRI’s best interest to do so.5. Discussions with Bidders following the receipt of a bid do not constitute a rejection or counteroffer by IRI.6. IRI will hold all submissions as confidential and shall not be disclosed to third parties. IRI reserves the right to share bids internally, across divisions, for the purposes of evaluating the bids.7. Bidders confirm that the prices in the bid/proposal/application/quote have been arrived at independently, without any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other bidder or competitor for the purpose of restricting competition.8. By applying to this IFB, applicant is certifying that if it is awarded a contract, none of funds payable under the resulting contract will be used to (1) procure or obtain, extend or renew a contract to procure or obtain; (2) enter into a contract (or extend or renew a contract) to procure; or (3) obtain the equipment, services, or systems that uses covered telecommunications equipment or services as a substantial or essential component of any system, or as critical technology as part of any system in compliance with the National Defense Authorization Act.
IRI intends to make an award to the responsible Bidder based on the following evaluation factors:
a) Quality of coverage (procedures and location covered under policy) – 40 percent
- Meets the basic coverage standard which includes yearly exams, dental, optical, maternity, diagnostic services, and emergency
- Coverage of various services
b) Diversity of medical service providers available under the policy – 20 percent
c) Policy cost per shared option (IRI staff and dependents) – 40 percent
- Reasonable cost per employee and dependent for appropriate coverage
- Reasonable cost per employee and dependent for appropriate coverage- Provides pricing for different levels of coverage
Submission Instructions:Submission Instructions:Bids must be submitted via email to Lucia Efros, at email@example.com with the subject line “EURASIA2021MO02o IFB” by March 22, 2021
IRI ObligationsIRI ObligationsIssuance of this IFB does not constitute and award commitment on the part of IRI, nor does it commit IRI to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of a quotation.