The Programme Analyst -Gender/GBV (PA) analyses and assesses relevant political, social and economic trends, guiding and facilitating the delivery of UNFPA’s Country Programme for the Republic of Moldova across the continuum of humanitarian, development and peace.
The incumbent will report to the GBV and Youth in Emergency Programme Coordinator. Incumbent will facilitate the work of consultants, advisors, implementing partners and experts and establish and maintain collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bilateral donor agencies and civil society to address emerging gender-related issues. Incumbent must effectively influence counterparts from diverse backgrounds to jointly contribute to achieving UNFPA’s mandate. Incumbent will be a substantive contributor to the programme team in the Country Office, including the humanitarian response activities.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Working within a large and complex Country Office (CO) environment, incumbent will support the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of gender, including gender-based violence in development and humanitarian response. Through substantive analysis and assessment of political, social and economic trends, incumbent will contribute to project formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks with regards to gender issues.
Incumbent will focus on strengthening gender and GBV programme implementation to ensure coherent UNFPA support to the Government of the Republic of Moldova. Incumbent will monitor results achieved during implementation, guiding the appropriate application of systems and procedures, and developing enhancements as required.
You would be responsible for:
- In collaboration with Government counterparts, NGOs and other partners, contributes substantively to the formulation and design of the gender programme (with heavy emphasis to GBV) and its project components in line with Government priorities and according to UNFPA programme policies and procedures. Ensures quality of programme / project design incorporating lessons learned, newly developed policies and best practices and establishing appropriate execution, monitoring and reporting mechanisms and systems.
- Analyzes and interprets the political, social and economic environment relevant to gender/GBV and identifies opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention. Keeps abreast of new gender related policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks, and prepares briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks.
- Expedites and coordinates project implementation on gender/GBV establishing collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies facilitating timely and efficient delivery of project inputs and addressing training needs of project personnel.
- Helps create and document knowledge about current and emerging gender issues, by analyzing programme, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and shares with management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies.
- Assists advocacy and resource mobilization efforts on gender issues of Country Office by preparing relevant documentation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in donor meetings and public information events.
- Provides technical contribution to issues/initiative that are relate to gender/GBV programmes (e.g. gender/GBV coordination mechanisms etc.)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in gender studies, social sciences, health, population, demography and/or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years professional experience in the field of gender/GBV, with experience in programme/ project management required.
- Practical experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development and humanitarian projects is preferable.
- Experience in using office software packages and web-based management systems required.
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods is an advantage.
- Experience in working with government and NGOs is an advantage.
- Capability of delivering results on time, even under stress.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Romanian is required.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
- Providing strategic focus,
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgement
Compensation and Benefits:
The United Nations Population Fund offers incumbent an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits. Staff members in National Officer Category that are locally recruited are compensated in accordance with the best prevailing conditions of service locally. Incumbent can learn more about tax exemption, allowances and benefits, holidays and leave, health insurance, and retirement pension of NO staff on the UN Careers website or the United Nations website.
UNFPA Work Environment:
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, diversity, integrity and healthy work-life balance. We are committed to ensuring gender parity in the organization and therefore encourage women to apply. Individuals from the LGBTQIA+ community, minority ethnic groups, indigenous populations, persons with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities in terms of appointment, training, compensation and selection for all regardless of personal characteristics and dimensions of diversity. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is at the heart of UNFPA's workforce - click here to learn more.
Selection and appointment may be subject to background and reference checks, medical clearance, visa issuance and other administrative requirements.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process and does not concern itself with information on applicants' bank accounts.
Applicants for positions in the international Professional and higher categories, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 25 February 2024, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Communications Assistant, IOM Moldova
- Protection officer
- Project Manager (NPSA-10) – UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition - 14979
- UPDATE - termen limită - 29 ianuarie - Dreamups angajează: Expert/ă în Managementul Administrativ
- Project Associate (Roster NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova Projects - 16276
- Coordonatorul programului EECMD, Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant, Direcția dezvoltarea supravegherii altor instituții financiare
- PR&Communication Manager/ ZIPHOUSE Fashion Innovation Hub
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR - 14021
- Senior Energy Efficiency expert (M/W)