GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Modernization of Public Service Delivery/Digital Transformation of Public Administration, for its project “Attractive and Efficient Public Administration in the Republic of Moldova”, which is financed by the German Government. The project aims at strengthening the Moldovan public administration in terms of strategy, human resources management and service delivery.
This position is expected to start as of middle of February 2024, for a 12-month period, with the possibility of extension.
The Advisor will be having the primary role of coordinating the cooperation with the State Chancellery (political partner of the project), the eGovernance Agency, the Ministry of Economic Development and Digitalization and other government entities of the Republic of Moldova, planning and implementing project activities with the State Chancellery and the eGovernance Agency of the Republic of Moldova and contributing to innovation and knowledge management of the project.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- coordinates joint project activities with the State Chancellery, the Ministry of Economic Development and Digitalization and the eGovernance Agency,
- delivers first-hand knowledge and expertise / ad-hoc advice on modernizing public service delivery and digital transformation to the State Chancellery and the eGovernance Agency,
- facilitates exchange between the State Chancellery, the eGovernance Agency and counterparts in other countries,
- identifies capacity building needs and develops strategies to build capacities,
- designs, prepares, and implements workshops, capacity building measures and other events on issues connected with the project’s work plan in the field of modernizing public service delivery,
- assists and monitors the development and implementation of project plans and activities in close consultation with political and implementation partners,
- compiles relevant information to be shared with the main stakeholders of the project,
- ensures the fruitful exchange between the project and its cooperation partners,
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue between the project partners, relevant organizations and non-governmental stakeholders in the project environment,
- ensures that all project activities are embedded in the overall strategy and further activities of GIZ Moldova,
- ensure project communication both GIZ internally and externally,
- develops strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals, and procedures,
- draws up reports and presentation documents, including good practice cases internationally,
- prepares appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports and outreach material.
- assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organization and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation with a specific focus on implementation area 3 of the project which aims at improving the capacities of the State Chancellery, the eGovernance Agency and other government entities to modernize public service delivery,
- coordinates relevant project activities at national level in consultation with the head of project and in cooperation with the partners,
- coordinates external consultants, including preparation of terms of reference, contract negotiations, communication with GIZ procurement unit, as well as deliverables of consultants, quality assurance and internal/external reporting.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., IT, economics, public management, political science)
- Sound knowledge of modernization of public service delivery and digital transformation of public administration (policies, frameworks, institutions),
- Understanding of Moldovan governance structures, especially related to modernization of public service delivery and digital transformation of public administration,
- At least 5 years of experience in working in public administration or advising public administration on matters of modernization of public service delivery and digital transformation of public administration (e.g., in/with the State Chancellery or the Ministry of Economic Development and Digitalization or the eGovernance Agency),
- First-hand experience with (agile) IT-project planning considered an asset,
- First-hand experience with governmental entities is considered an asset,
- Experience with modernization of public service delivery and digital transformation of public administration outside of Moldova is considered an asset.
- Language skills: Native Romanian and excellent English (both spoken and written); knowledge of German an asset,
- Strong work ethics and sense of responsibility,
- Organizational and project management skills,
- Very good communication skills and commitment to teamwork,
- Ability to provide substantive, clear, and concise contributions to knowledge products,
- Excellent knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications including tools for business process analysis and management of (IT-)projects,
- Willingness to upskill as required by tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management,
- Skills in defining problems, collecting data and processing information,
- Ability to organize, to work independently and to meet deadlines,
- Ability to transmit knowledge in a user-oriented way,
- Results oriented performance,
- Willingness to travel (locally and abroad) occasionally.
Applications, including detailed CV, references, and motivation letter (in English) shall be sent not later than 29th of January 2024, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is opened for candidates with Moldovan Nationality.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project - 13507
- HR Assistant (Payroll Coordinator)
- Project Associate (Roster NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova Projects
- UPDATE - termen limită - 29 ianuarie - Dreamups angajează: Expert/ă în Managementul Administrativ
- Termen extins. Expert în Evaluarea Strategiei CONTACT
- Design and deliver Export Marketing Program for the producers and emerging exporters of fresh fruits in Moldova
- Dreamups angajează: Videograf/Companie de producție video
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă principal/ă responsabil/ă de supraveghere TIC și securitatea informației
- Termen extins: Concurs pentru suplinirea postului vacant de “Coordonator/coordonatoare comunicare și PR”
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru funcția de specialist superior, Secția evaluare riscuri și analiză, Fondul pentru antreprenoriat și creștere economică a Moldovei