The German Development Cooperation (GIZ) is looking for a Junior Administrative Specialist to join the “Promoting Green Deal Readiness in the Eastern Partnership Countries” (PROGRESS) project team. This project is financed by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV). As from February 2024, PROGRESS will include a multi-donor action jointly co-funded by the European Union and BMUV on Decarbonisation and Climate Resilience.
This position is planned to start on 15 January 2024 for a 12-month period, with the possibility of extension. The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau.
The main activities and responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- organisation, planning and administrative documentation of workshops, seminars, trainings, study tours, including management of the tendering processes
- helps to prepare visitor programmes, draws up travel schedules, organises transport of visitors and makes hotel and ticket reservations
- supports short term experts during their stay in organisational matters
- reserves hotel rooms for event participants and short-term experts, organises transportation for short-term experts and team members
- develops and maintains a list of contacts for procurement of goods and services
- drafts contracts below 2500 EUR
- creates and maintains a filing system for the office or project, treats information confidentially, specifically in the areas of personnel and finance
- updates the filing system daily with incoming and outgoing correspondence
- regularly draws up a list of forthcoming meetings and events and makes sure the Outlook Team calendar is up to date
- arranges small procurements upon the request of the finance manager / project manager (e. g. furniture, office goods, etc.)
- coordinates delivery of goods and services
- processes invoices and other financial documentation before handing it over to the finance manager
- supports the finance manager during the preparation for internal controls and audits
- supports the finance managers and advisors in the establishment and financial management of large volume grant/financing agreements
- keeps themselves updated about the regulations of the GIZ within the scope of their activities
- communicates with the country office about relevant tasks
- communicates with other projects
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management in regard to project implementation
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (e.g. Business Administration, Economy, Political Science, Environmental Science)
- additional training or knowledge in a relevant subject (e.g. agriculture, organic agriculture, climate policy, natural resource management, sustainable land management, value chains) is of advantage
- basic knowledge and practices of good agricultural practices, ecosystem services, integrated ecological management is of advantage
- professional experience: at least 1-3 years` professional experience in a comparable position
- working experience with international development cooperation is of advantage
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (e-mail, MS teams)
- sound knowledge of computer applications (MS Office) and knowledge of accounting software
- languages: Romanian - native, sound oral and written English, knowledge of German is regarded as an asset
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- driving licence, cat. B is of advantage
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 05 of January 2024, time 15:00 to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Asociația MAR anunță concurs pentru postul vacant Specialist în comunicare
- Terre des hommes is hiring a Child Protection Specialist
- Specialist coordonare instruiri
- Project Communications Analyst (NPSA-8) – UNDP Moldova/Green Transition
- GIZ - Advisor on Development and Demonstration Projects
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru funcția vacantă de contabil superior, Secția contabilitate și raportare financiară
- Programme Specialist – IT, Immigration and Border Governance (IBG), IOM Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal planificare strategică
- Driver/Messenger - Peace Corps Moldova
- Oportunitate de angajare: Consultanți Juniori la CICO!