Vacancy Notice 2023-45
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Project Assistant, Case Management
General Staff Category, Grade G-4, UN Salary Scale
Type of Appointment
Fixed term one year, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
December 17, 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Well qualified candidates, particularly women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates worldwide to provide resettlement opportunities to thousands of individuals annually. IOM offers a range of services and support to the USRAP, including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation, and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight, and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the general supervision of the Project Coordinator, Case Management, RSC Eurasia, and the direct supervision of the Project Associate, Case Management, RSC Eurasia, the Project Assistant is responsible for undertaking and guiding case management activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake case management activities in an assigned area or areas, such as file integrity, program access, prescreening, field team, adjudications support, scheduling or pre-departure services.
- Assist in the efficient and effective management of refugee case files and medical records, including, if assigned, undertaking such duties as creating new case files, distributing case files, filing returned files, keeping accurate and comprehensive track of files through the file tracking system, scanning files and transforming case files into travel packets.
- Undertake refugee form fill interviews for the purposes of recording biographical information, including, if assigned, accurately completing necessary forms, correctly entering data into START and other databases, scanning, photocopying, attaching and filing documents, translating basic documents, and photographing applicants in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist with the organization and/or scheduling of refugee appointments, including, if assigned, running ad hoc reports, entering data into schedules in the START or another database, updating schedules, issuing notifications, visiting applicants in camps and other locations to relay appointment information, and/or assisting with circuit ride logistics.
- Assist with the adjudication of refugee case files by providing, if assigned, interpretation during interviews, data entry services, logistical support, and assisting with the notification of results to refugee applicants as needed.
- Update START with biographical and other sensitive information such as interview dates, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) interview and fingerprint results, medical data, resettlement location preferences, and, if assigned, activate processes such as program access verification, security checks or assurances as required.
- Undertake quality assurance checks of refugee files and case data in START as directed by Case Management team members or supervisors.
- Provide regular reports on work being accomplished to the Project Focal Point, Case Management, and/or supervisors and team members.
- Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in meetings or training.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the USRAP, SOPs, and START and the ability to remain professional, impartial, and unbiased during all interactions with refugee applicants and colleagues.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Project Focal Point or RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma with four years of relevant experience, or:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of working experience.
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize is required.
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel), database, and Internet are required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision is required.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Romanian and Russian is considered advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.:
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, security clearances, and a valid COVID certification.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the Personal History form https://civic.md/userfiles/attachments/14191/IOM_Personal_History_Form.xls and cover letter in English to: email@example.com
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 17 December 2023.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the Personal History Forms duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 27.11.2023 to 17.12.2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- A.O. „Femei pentru Femei” este în căutarea unei Comunicatoare / unui Comunicator
- OSCE Mission to Moldova is hiring National Anti-Trafficking Experts (SSA)
- Concurs extins de selectare a unui consultant în realizarea analizei de impact
- National Associate Movement Operations Officer, IOM Moldova
- Project Communications Analyst (NPSA-8) – UNDP Moldova/Green Transition
- Specialist/-ă în Comunicare și Relații Publice, în cadrul A.O. ”CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”
- Asociația MAR anunță concurs pentru postul vacant Specialist în comunicare
- Asistent Director
- Specialist coordonare instruiri
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru selectare reporter/ă