IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
Comunitatea Mea (CM) is a program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and administered by IREX. The program’s purpose over the course of the eight years is to improve the capacity of local authorities, including their ability to work inclusively with citizens and civil society, to increase revenues, improve financial management practices, build stronger checks and balances between the central and local governments, and facilitating public-private partnerships and inter-municipal cooperation.
The Procurement and Grants Officer will support transparent and effective procurement processes and reporting according to USAID, IREX, and local requirements. The Procurement and Grants Officer will assist the Senior Contracts, Grants and Procurement Manager in implementing the sub-grant and sub-award process, drafting required documentation and keeping complete and accurate filing.
The Procurement and Grants Officer will perform additional duties and tasks to meet the needs of the organization, team, or as assigned by the supervisor.
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree business administration, economics, procurement, or other related fields;
- 3+ years of relevant experience, experience with another USAID or donor program strongly preferred;
- Experience issuing contracts under donor-funded programs is preferable;
- Experience in coordinating or managing grants in Moldova;
- Ability to multitask and to work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent writing, editing, and analytical skills;
- Thorough attention to detail;
- Professional proficiency in English and Russian/Romanian is required;
- Good planning and coordination skills and ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines;
- Good negotiation, communication, and relationship skills;
- Proactive, results-oriented;
- Capacity to adjust to changing circumstances and priorities;
- A strong understanding of procurement processes, regulations, and best practices. Familiarity with the USAID (US Government) procurement policies, procedures and principles preferred.
Your Daily Tasks
- Support the process of the sub-grantee selection and monitoring.
- Provide support in the sub-grants process (including due diligence, preparation of the in-kind agreements, modifications, closeout, maintenance of various trackers, ensuring that the documents are saved on file, conducting orientation meetings with beneficiaries (Moldovan municipalities and civil society organizations) ).
- Provide support in the contracts process (conduct orientation meetings with vendors/contractors, including DBA policy, modifications, closeout, maintaining of various trackers, preparing necessary templates to be shared with contractors, ensuring that the documents are saved on file etc).
- Provide support in the procurement process (work with the appropriate teams to develop RfQs, RfPs and Bidding Documents, Bid Bulletins, coordinate and document evaluation processes, conduct due diligence, complete the final draft of contractual documents and closeout agreements).
- Conduct market research in order to formulate and implement procurement as assigned by the supervisor;
- Serve as the first line communicator for program beneficiaries, and contractors, as assigned by the Senior Contracts, Grants and Procurement Manager.
- Maintain correspondence and constant contact/communication with program team, partners and stakeholders to follow up on the execution of contractual terms and conditions.
- Collaborate with the Finance department to ensure proper allocation of funds for procurement activities.
- Upload all required procurement documents and other relevant data on organization’s internal systems.
- Track and maintain updated program records of sub-award, procurement process.
- Effectively collaborate with program team and stakeholders, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Work closely with program team to understand their procurement needs and proactively address their requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework. The eligible employee is regular, full-time Moldova-based staff who works from a worksite outside the Moldova office for one or more days a week.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
Extended application deadline: November 27, 2023, 6:00 PM (Republic of Moldova time)
Alte anunturi de angajare
- CCR MD is hiring a Project Manager
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova/ Joint Project Emergency support for agri-producers in the context of socio-economic and energy crisis and top-ups from SDC and Japan Supplementary Budget
- Selectarea unui/unei consultante în scopul elaborării programului de educație parentală pentru părinții romi
- Asociația Obștească Prietena Mea este în căutarea unui psiholog/unei psiholoage pentru organizarea unor discuții de grup cu părinții și îngrijitorii copiilor cu dizabilități
- Concurs de selectare a unui psiholog și a unui jurist/avocat în domeniul prevenirii violenței asupra femeilor în etate
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (FT)_for Moldova nationals/residents only - recruitment for 2 posts
- UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy for the Development of the Policy Document on Digitalization of the Education Sector
- Project Component Manager (Multiple Post) (NPSA-9) - UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition
- Termen extins: Tdh Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Asistent/ă Logistică
- Finance Analyst/Head of Finance Unit (NOA) – UNDP Moldova Country Office