LOCATION: Based in Chişinău, Moldova
COMPENSATION: Starting salary is $6,681 with a maximum salary of $10,014
CLOSING DATE: 23:59 on Sunday, November 26, 2023
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time contracted position, 40 hours per week.
The Security Guard function within Peace Corps Moldova is critical in monitoring and maintaining the security of Peace Corps office building and premises, in greeting and directing office visitors to the appropriate staff member. For certain periods of time the incumbent is responsible for answering phones and directing them to the staff members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Controls the access to Peace Corps Office and Premises, including greeting, and screening visitors, and directing them to the appropriate staff member.
· Control of Security of Peace Corps Compound. Supervise and control the security monitors. Control of the Entrance/Exit Doors, Gates locks, ensures all doors are locked at the end of the business day. Performs periodic tours in the building and around the property as needed.
· Coordinate appropriate actions during emergency situations.
· Telephone Use and Messages. Answers the main switchboard for Peace Corps. Takes messages and transmits messages to the staff members. Assists staff and Volunteers (when authorized) in making outgoing calls when requested.
· Manages incoming pouch.
· Performs other duties as required.
The Security Guard performs duties in 12-hour shifts on a 40-hour work week basis according to preset Security Guards’ Shifts Schedule. The Shifts Schedule covers 24/7 and is based on guards’ rotation shifts. Day and night shifts are required.
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
· Experience: Experience in the field of security is an advantage but is not required.
· Languages: Working Knowledge of speaking/reading English is required. Good Working Knowledge of speaking/reading Romanian and Russian is required.
· Completion of secondary school is required.
· Ability to work with little supervision and as part of the team. Strong communication skills.
· Incumbent must be in excellent health and physical condition. Must be able to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with the public.
Submit Application in English:
US Peace Corps
Str. Grigore Ureche, 12
Subject : Attention! Security Guard
*CV and Cover Letter in MS Word format
The anticipated contract is contingent on availability of funds, reference checks, successful completion of a background check, and medical examination. Only those invited to an interview will be contacted. Peace Corps reserves the right to not evaluate or to withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that has a history of poor past performance or conduct as a Peace Corps Trainee, Volunteer, or staff member (USDH, PSC, or FSN). Peace Corps reserves the right to withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that is a relative or household member of a current Peace Corps staff member. Individuals who have current or prior connections with intelligence activities or agencies through employment, related work, or even family relations may be ineligible for a personal services contract. The selected individual will be required to follow any workplace health and/or safety rules indicated for their position – including complying with any medical and/or training requirements specified for their position in accordance with public health and/or occupational health or safety policies. Peace Corps will not discriminate against an applicant because of that person's race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older, except when the applicant is beyond the mandatory retirement age in the country of assignment), disability, or genetic information.
Peace Corps Moldova is an Equal Opportunity Employer