Position Title: Grants and Partnership Manager
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Salary Grade: 7B
Type of Employment: Full-Time
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is among the world’s leading humanitarian aid organizations. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict, and disaster, helping them to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC seeks to be an operational and inspiring leader in matters of resettlement, asylum, and integration, demonstrating its credibility and expertise as a leading service provider, partner and advocate across the arc of the global displacement crisis. IRC currently operates in the U.S., Africa, Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. For a complete listing of countries in which IRC operates and supports refugee programs, please visit http://www.rescue.org/where
Across Europe, the IRC delivers programs that address acute humanitarian needs of asylum-seekers and other vulnerable migrants who are newly arrived, stranded or in transit, and programs that address their longer-term integration needs.
Earlier this year, IRC launched its newest country program in Moldova to respond to the Ukrainian crisis in collaboration with local civil society organizations. With a population of only 2.64 million, Moldova has seen over 600,000 refugees cross its borders in search of safety. While most refugees transit onward toward Romania and other European countries, the number of nearly 100,000 Ukrainians and expected to increase in the coming months. Given its small size and limited resources, Moldova's capacity is already under strain with pressures on energy supplies and high inflation. The IRC envisages a humanitarian program in Moldova targeting both refugees and Moldovans, with interventions designed to save lives and relieve humanitarian suffering, with a focus on education, gender-based violence prevention and response, and protection services along with support for integration.
We are looking for a full-time Grants and Partnership Manager position who will provide general support to ensure the timely and effective implementation of all awarded grants. This position will also promote and apply the IRC’s Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results System (PEERS) to support successful partner relationships in coordination with the Head of Office and other program and finance staff.
- Develop and maintain effective and productive working relationships with key stakeholders, explore and build partnerships with local and international organizations.
- Lead in the overall management of all partnerships in the IRC portfolio and all PEERS processes/documentation.
- Coordinate and support the program team in facilitation of Partnership Project opening, review and closing meetings.
- Coordinate narrative and finance reporting processes, including reviews, monitoring and feedback.
- Coordinate with IRC departments to schedule and help organize Grant-Program-Partner Opening/ Review/Reporting
- Lead on Communications and Visibility to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Support the preparation of necessary Grants and Partnership Agreement documentation and compliance with IRC due diligence procedures, and raise issues affecting external/internal compliance to the Grant manager.
- Lead the proposal development process in coordination with the program and finance teams and regional support to develop and compile inputs to technical proposal narratives/concept notes and annexes.
- Develop and/or review budget narratives and undertake initial review of proposal drafts to ensure inputs are precise, and proper proposal templates and grant management procedures are followed.
- Submit proposals and budgets and required annexes for HQ review, ensuring that the grant applications are prepared according to the required format and submitted to donors on time.
- Manage all internal and external grant reporting to ensure high-quality, well-written and timely reports are produced meeting donor and IRC requirements, with support from the program managers/ coordinators.
- Ensure regular and timely scheduling, preparation, and facilitation of Project Cycle Meetings (PCM), including but not limited to project/grant opening and closing meetings, ad hoc grant implementation meetings, and budget versus actual (BVA) meetings. Ensure required representation from each unit (Program teams, Finance, Supply Chain, HR, and Grants) are in attendance, and that any needed pre-work is completed in advance of the meeting. Review and circulate meeting minutes, assign action items, and ensure proper, timely follow-up of issues raised.
General Grants Management/Administration
- Stay up to date with all institutional donor guidelines. Acquire and disseminate updated information regarding donor formats (proposal and reports) and other donor related information to program, finance, supply chain and partner staff to enable them to abide by donor rules and regulations.
- Records Management: Support comprehensive information management and filing system to ensure all grant agreements, reports, key correspondences, etc. are appropriately filed in up-to-date and consistent soft (Box) and hard (physical) files.
- Introduce in OTIS (system) all new partners, extension (non-cost extensions and cost-extensions) while ensuring the creation of D1 codes.
- Capacity Building: Ensure training is made available for program, operations and partner staff on grants management related issues, including grant report writing and donor compliance issues, as needed.
- Support other program initiatives / work streams / task as assigned.
- Prepare Country and Partnership updates, internal and external reports and documents, as needed, with input from program staff, etc.
- Familiarize with the Integra system and learn how to raise a PR for programmatic and or/grants related purposes.
Other duties as requested by the Country Director and or the region.
- BA degree or equivalent in International Development or Affairs, Finance, Business or related field;
- Knowledge of key donor rules and regulations a plus
- Highly organized, close attention to detail, and ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fluid environment.
- Ability to work well independently but also coordinate with other teams.
- Capacity to work under pressure, flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in Romanian and English;
- Proficiency in Russian and/or Ukrainian is an asset.
- Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day, 5 days a week
- Occasional evening and weekends on request
- All staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct every day – in the site and in the community
- Maintain confidentiality
- While in transit sites, all IRC staff must wear appropriate IRC visibility.
Candidates should submit their CV in English here:
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without rega,rd to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
Due to the expected high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- OSCE Mission in Moldova is hiring a Transport Assistant (G4) (Short-Term Assignment)
- United Nations World Food Programme Moldova: Finance Associate SC6 (G6 level)
- Invest Moldova - Specialist Principal în Direcția Promovare Export
- Specialist/-ă în Comunicare și Relații Publice, în cadrul A.O. ”CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”
- Centrul Internațional „La Strada” caută consilier(ă) la Linia Fierbinte pentru migrație sigură și anti-trafic
- Project Associate (multiple posts) - NPSA7 - UNDP Moldova/Flood Management - 15777
- Call for Tenders | Project's Final Evaluation
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de contabil coordonator, responsabil de operațiuni monetar-valutare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, Direcția deservirea operațiunilor
- Security and Access Manager (SAM) Moldova Cross-Border Ukraine (Chernivtsi)/Romania