The German Development Cooperation (GIZ) is looking for a Financial Specialist to join the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy for the Republic of Moldova project team. This project is financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. It aims to support the Republic of Moldova to reach its goals in energy transition to become more energy efficient and increase the use of renewable energy.
This position is planned to start in December 2023 and last for a 12-month period with the possibility to be extended, based on a successful employment period and project extension.
The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau. The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- ensuring that financial administration functions are in accordance with GIZ standard procedures, and Moldovan legislation in force;
- effectively coordinating activities with finance team at GIZ Country Office;
- processing and managing all bank related procedures;
- ensuring the effective implementation of internal control and audits procedures;
- monitoring of Financing Agreements and Grant Agreements;
- keeping the filing documents for all documents entrusted, both in paper and digital formats;
- supporting the project manager in document management of the project commission folders (DMS and paper);
- performing general administrative financial functions.
- BA and/or master’s degree in economics, Business Administration, or related field
- at least 5 years general work experience involving financial and administrative management and contract processing
- be able to work autonomously and on own initiative while reporting regularly to the Project Manager and direct coordinator
- be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required
- be able to work to deadlines, under stress, and cheerfully
- excellent planner and implementer, capable of withstanding pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- good knowledge of written and oral English and Romanian; Russian or German would be an asset
- ability to interpret, translate in small groups or at small meetings desirable
- excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other)
- confidential handling of information on staff and finances
- willing and able to travel inside and outside the country for event support, when needed.
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 21 November 2023, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- PR&Communication Manager/ ZIPHOUSE Fashion Innovation Hub
- Asociația Promo-LEX anunță concurs de selectare pentru poziția de Monitor al finanțelor partidelor politice la nivel local în cinci unități administrativ teritoriale: Ocnița, Orhei, Ștefan Vodă, Strășeni, Basarabeasca (5 persoane)
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru selectare expert/ă media
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de director-adjunct al Departamentului Supraveghere Bancară
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un expert/ o expertă sau o agenție pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- Extended deadline: National Consultant on Disability Area - UN Women Moldova
- Communication officer - HEKS/EPER
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project - 13507
- Driver/Clerk (Sofer) - UNDP Moldova/Green Transition Project
- Termen extins: Selectarea unui consultant pentru elaborarea regulamentelor, statutelor și instrucțiunilor administrative pentru Consiliile Locale de Tineret și ONG-uri din Cahul și Ungheni