Date: 30 Jul 2023
Location: Moldova, Moldova
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
What will you bring?
The role complements the Country Accountant in national accounting, IFRS, finance corporate systems, financial reporting to Moldova (trial balance etc.. ) and internal financial controls in Moldova.
The Country Accountant will train and support new finance colleagues as the mission grows, ensuring compliance with national and group accounting regulations. .
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure timely and compliant accounting with regards to national and group regulation (IFRS, applicable national regulations)
- Accountable for general and project ledgers of the mission
- Support and enforce clear allocation of costs
- Prepare or review payroll process (when delegated to a POE)
- Oversees the exhaustiveness of the archiving system, ensuring an appropriate level of audit readiness
- Manage advances and commitment by ensuring they are kept to a minimum or provide explanation when longer than 3 months.
- Review and/or post in SAP financial transactions and/or in internal system
- Support and /or supervise payments to suppliers, partners and staffs
- Process and manage partners’ advances ensuring effective follow-up, timely payment and liquidation
3.Reconciliations & period end process
- Prepare and reconcile monthly VAT and Witholding tax schedules for payment.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Review transactions postings and prepare correction journals for errors before period closure.
4. Treasury Management
- Ensure effective cash management with sufficient cash, for the day-to-day operations of the country office.
- Prepare cash forecast in consultation with program and administration staff.
5. Internal Financial Controls and compliance
- Ensure that the appropriate financial control processes, procedures and systems are in place and followed in the country office.
- Follow up on the implementation of audit report recommendations within the allotted time
6.Capacity Building and Line Management
- Supervise the accounting system (SAP) and provide the necessary support to financial and non-financial staff in their daily tasks
- Supervise the activities of the account payable and/or intercompany assistant.
You will have the following technical expertise and skills:
- Qualified accountant or part qualified accountant.
- Knowledge of Moldovan accounting laws.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, including sufficient political credibility to work across all layers in the country, the response and interacting with the global finance team.
- Strong written and spoken Romanian
- Good written and spoken English
- At least 3 years at a similar position.
- Strong financial systems expertise. Fluency with complex financial systems including multi-currency accounting packages / ERP.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and as appropriate to the audience.
- Able to build networks and relationships under challenging conditions to promote high performance.
- Values working in a team and willing to take on more responsibilities and support team members.
- Solution focused; able to prioritise, deliver on time and cope with ambiguity.
- Sensitivity to a wide range of cultures, context and varying levels of finance capability.
Who are we looking for?
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and idea.
This is a national position, and we are accepting applications from Moldova nationals only.
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Type of Role: National; Fixed term
Reports to: Country Finance Manager
Closing Date: Novembe 30, 2023
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
For applying, please, access the link below:
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Specialist/-ă în Comunicare și Relații Publice, în cadrul A.O. ”CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”
- ICT Associate (SB3.2) - UNDP Moldova/UNCTAD
- The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova is looking for a Project Officer in the Cooperation section (job n° 48965)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal al Direcției consolidarea supravegherii financiare
- NDI Moldova Job Vacancy: Program Assistant/Associate
- HelpAge International contractează experți sau companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- Termen extins: Tdh Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Asistent/ă Logistică
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de raportarea financiară
- Project Associate - Accelerating Digital Transformation in Public Sector in the Republic of Moldova
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR