JOB TITLE: Technical Program Officer – Independent Consultant
PROJECT: Critical Infrastructure, Digitization, and Resilience (CIDR)
REPORTS TO: Country Director
LEVEL OF EFFORT:50 days
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: November 2023 – April 2024
The Critical Infrastructure Digitalization and Resilience (CIDR) program is a five-year regional program managed by DAI for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)’s Bureau for Europe and Eurasia. CIDR assists partner governments and in-country organizations to work with key stakeholders and experts to assess cybersecurity gaps and priorities, make recommendations, and map courses of action to improve the cybersecurity of critical infrastructure and key institutions.
CIDR operates in the Western Balkans, Black Sea Region, and South Caucasus, where countries in recent years have come under more diverse and complex cyberattacks. CIDR is currently providing assistance in Albania, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, North Macedonia, and Serbia. This includes assistance in workforce development, cybersecurity assessment, cybersecurity governance, and information sharing of cyberattacks, threats, and solutions.
The Technical Program Officer will provide technical support to program design, implementation, and relationship building with stakeholders in Moldova, and regionally as requested. CIDR supports the governments of Eastern European countries (including the Western Balkans, Black Sea region, and Caucasus region) in assisting critical infrastructure entities to incorporate cybersecurity best practices into organizational operations, planning, and procurement; prioritize cybersecurity investment needs; select appropriate mandatory or voluntary standards and corresponding security controls; and establish the basis for region-wide cybersecurity information sharing. Through a regional approach targeting improved policies and legislation, information sharing, workforce development, and capacity-building, the program targets sectors such as energy (electric, natural gas, oil, district heating), water (transmission, distribution), transport, healthcare, finance, and telecommunications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support day-to-day implementation of program activities in Moldova.
- Prepare and distribute internal and partner meeting agendas and take meeting notes where needed.
- Serve as point of contact for local stakeholders, consultants, and partners working in Moldova.
- Support the drafting as needed of program reports, work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans, and communications materials.
- Maintain calendar of events in the country and monitor the availability of resources to meet client needs for ad-hoc requests.
- Follow established policies and procedures to ensure procurement and travel purchases are conducted in accordance with US regulations, contract requirements, and company guidelines.
- Keep abreast of cybersecurity trends in the country and region, including existing and emerging cybersecurity projects, campaigns, or tools being used to combat threats.
- Other tasks as directed.
- The position will be based in the project’s office in Chisinau, Moldova and will report to the Country Director.
During the performance period, the Technical Program Officer will produce deliverables related to the activities described above, but not limited to:
- Concept notes for the Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Working Group
- Reports on the activities.
- Meeting minutes
- Meeting agendas
- Communication materials
- A university degree in a relevant field is required.
- 4+ years of work experience in ICT and/or Cybersecurity activities coordination
- Experience working on USAID projects will be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to respond effectively to time-sensitive demands & inquiries.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
- An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- PR&Communication Manager/ ZIPHOUSE Fashion Innovation Hub
- Asociația Promo-LEX anunță concurs de selectare pentru poziția de Monitor al finanțelor partidelor politice la nivel local în cinci unități administrativ teritoriale: Ocnița, Orhei, Ștefan Vodă, Strășeni, Basarabeasca (5 persoane)
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru selectare expert/ă media
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de director-adjunct al Departamentului Supraveghere Bancară
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un expert/ o expertă sau o agenție pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- Extended deadline: National Consultant on Disability Area - UN Women Moldova
- Communication officer - HEKS/EPER
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project - 13507
- Driver/Clerk (Sofer) - UNDP Moldova/Green Transition Project
- Termen extins: Selectarea unui consultant pentru elaborarea regulamentelor, statutelor și instrucțiunilor administrative pentru Consiliile Locale de Tineret și ONG-uri din Cahul și Ungheni