Job Title: Procurement Officer
Reports to: Operations Manager
Salary Grade: 6
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS in Moldova & Ukraine
CRS has operated in different capacities in Moldova since 2004 and in Ukraine since 2014. CRS works with local partners to implement an integrated, multisectoral program portfolio of humanitarian and development assistance. In Moldova, CRS is focused on meeting both the immediate and long-term needs of Ukrainian refugees, including cash, education and shelter programs. CRS is also working with governmental and non-governmental partners to end the placement of children in residential care institutions through the Changing the Way We Care initiative. In Ukraine, CRS’ works in partnership with Caritas Ukraine and Caritas Spes Ukraine, to deliver life-saving humanitarian assistance to Ukrainians affected by the war.
As a member of the CRS Moldova Operation team, you will coordinate local procurement activities and processes to acquire goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to successfully coordinate the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities and ensure stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate fully compliant procurement systems and operating procedures. Assess effectiveness and efficiency and recommend improvements. Contribute to ensuring compliance with CRS procurement principles, standards, and policies, donor regulations, and local statutory requirements.
- Coordinate with various departments to develop and maintain an up-to-date procurement plan with all quantities, quality and delivery requirements for goods and services. Provide pricing information to assist budget holders with budget preparation.
- Coordinate the sourcing process and perform various activities to assist with ensuring the best value for money: market research, cost estimates, solicitation documents, bidding process facilitation, supplier identification and research, quality and availability of goods assessment, negotiation, contract/purchase order and other documents preparation.
- Communicate with other procurement staff and various program and operations units to coordinate and track goods/services delivery and receipt and keep everyone informed of the status. Collect information to confirm that goods/services delivered are what have been ordered in the correct quantities and quality, they arrive on schedule and at the right cost.
- Perform the country program’s contract management for service and goods providers.
- Maintain correspondence and constant contact with suppliers to follow up on the execution of contractual terms and conditions, and handle issues if needed. Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
- Accountable for transparency within the procurement department through ensuring a complete, accurate and up-to-date document trail of all procurement processes, vendor files, procurement and inventory database to assist with control and accountability. Prepare reports and facilitate document retrieval.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other relevant degree.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in procurement/purchasing management, logistics, administration, preferably with an international organization.
- Good knowledge of various donor procurement regulations (e.g. USAID, EU, UN)
- Knowledge of international and national procurement regulations and local market conditions.
- Knowledge of contract terms, as well as a proven ability to successfully complete purchase orders against specificati
Required Languages- Spoken proficiency in English and Romanian/Russian required.
Travel – Occasional travel may be requested; including travel to visit and support the CRS office in Ukraine
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good planning and coordination skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities effectively
- Good analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Good negotiation, communication, and relationship management skills
- Professional certification a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with database management systems (e.g., MS Access) highly desirable.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Operations and Program Teams.
External: Vendors, service providers, other NGO’s sector colleagues, landlords and others.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV with email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Procurement Officer”
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Fundraiser A.O. ''CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale''
- FAO: Programme Assistant position to assist FAO Moldova in administrative and operational issues and be part of the Field Operations Team
- NDI is seeking to recruit Program Assistants (Two Positions Available)
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - EU Confidence Building Measures Programme, funded by the European Union, 11003
- Customs Associate (SB3.4) - UNDP Moldova/UNCTAD
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Law Enforcement Projects Implementing Unit
- Procurement and Operations Coordinator for the USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA)
- USAID Moldova Job Vacancy: Development Program Specialist
- Procurement Associate (GS6) - UNDP Moldova CO
- Specialist/-ă în Comunicare și Relații Publice, în cadrul A.O. ”CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”