The Council of Europe Office in Chisinau has a team of nearly 40 people, working on a variety of co-operation projects that support Moldovan public authorities and civil society in upholding and promoting the Council of Europe standards of democracy, human rights and rule of law.
As a Communication Officer, your role will be to:
- contribute to the design and implementation of strategic communication and visibility plans for programmes and the Office;
- contribute to the design, planning and implementation of comprehensive communication initiatives, regarding Council of Europe country action plans where appropriate;
- review and draft communication materials prepared by team members to ensure effective communication and results orientation, providing communication advice, expertise and coaching to staff;
- support the preparation of communication materials (including project success stories, highlighting the impact of the actions short videos, infographics);
- maintain the Office website and social media in English/Romanian, including by posting main messages from headquarters and ensuring the editorial line of office platforms;
- organise and co-ordinate possible media events and media relations;
- ensure that all visibility actions are carried out in accordance with the Council of Europe policies and follow the new communication and visibility requirements for European Union external actions and for other donors involved (where relevant);
- maintain close contacts and co-ordinate with the DPC Central Communication Team as well as maintain contact with the Directorate of Communications as requested, keep abreast of developments, identify issues and trends, and advise team members on appropriate action;
- collate and analyse media coverage; contribute to the monitoring and reporting on communication;
- promote Council of Europe’s values internally and externally.
- work with the Head of Office and in close co-operation with the Directorate of Programme Co-ordination (DPC) Central Communication Team in the headquarters.
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a completed full course of general secondary education and appropriate professional qualifications in journalism, communications, public relations or a related field;
- have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience relating to media and communication in the framework of cooperation programmes, preferably in international organisations;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of one of the two Council of Europe’s official languages (English);
- be a citizen of one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe and fulfil the conditions for appointment to the civil service of that state;
- have discharged any obligation concerning national service (military, civil or comparable);
- not be the parent, child, stepchild or grandchild of a serving staff member of the Council of Europe;
- be under the age of 65 years.
Demonstrate to us that you have the following competencies:
Professional and technical expertise:
- professional experience in writing, editing and web publishing;
- have an ability to draft clearly and concisely in Romanian and English;
- knowledge of visibility guidelines, communication principles, concepts, techniques and methods;
- broad knowledge of the activities of the Council of Europe and in particular knowledge of international co-operation programmes;
- sound computer skills of standard tools in office applications (word and excel processing; presentation software; outlook; internet/intranet) and knowledge of IT tools related to web and social media publishing
What we offer
If successful, you may be offered employment based on temporary contracts at grade B4. Employment is limited to 31 December 2024 and may be extended. You will receive a basic monthly gross salary of € 1 515.57 which is exempt from national income tax. This salary may be supplemented by other allowances depending on your personal situation. You will be affiliated to a pension scheme and social and medical insurance. You will also benefit from 32 working days leave per year and other advantages (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.). This recruitment procedure is carried out in accordance with Rule No. 1234 of 15 December 2005 laying down the conditions of recruitment and employment of locally recruited temporary staff members working in Council of Europe Duty Stations located outside of France. If your profile matches our needs and you are not recruited straight away, you may be placed on a list of eligible candidates.
Applications and selection procedure
Deadline for applications is 04 October 2023 (midnight Paris time). You can apply in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system on: www.coe.int/jobs. Please fill out the form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill it in, so please take this information into consideration while applying.
Only applicants who best meet the abovementioned criteria will be considered for the next stage, which may consist of assessments and/or an interview. Further information on the assessment process will be provided to the selected candidates in due course.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Ecological Counseling Center Cahul, Select a company of services for the closing event of the project Consolidation of Climate Change Adaptation Measures in the Biosphere Reserve "Lower Prut".
- Centrul Universitar Francofon din cadrul Departamentului Cooperare Internațională USM anunță concurs pentru funcția de Asisitent Logistică/Evenimente și Comunicare
- Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Procurement Specialist for USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA) project
- USAID MISRA is looking for a Legal Consultant in regulation of food service industry sector
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - The Swiss-UNDP project “Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova” (PRIM)
- CRS Moldova is hiring Finance Assistant
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Associate - Energy, Environment and Climate Change Cluster
- Termen extins: Centrul Național de Prevenire a Abuzului față de Copii anunță concurs pentru angajarea unui asistent(ă) social(ă) la Barnahus
- UNDP Moldova: Security Guard (NPSA3) - Common Services Account Project
- Policy Specialist