CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Reference code SVN2023-25
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Livelihood and Inclusion Associate
General Service Staff
Type of Appointment
Special Short-Term Ungraded
Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
25 September 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Following the launch of military operations across Ukrainian territory on 24 February 2022, substantive flows and displacements across Ukraine and toward neighbouring countries have been reported in the following days. As response to the Ukrainian crisis, IOM Chisinau has increased operational activities which required additional staff for the scale up and smooth implementation of its humanitarian and development work considering the migration dynamics in Moldova related to the Ukraine crisis.
As per the IOM Moldova country strategy and the Refugee Response Plan for Moldova, IOM is recruiting a Livelihood and Inclusion Associate to support the day-to-day implementation of livelihood and economic integration activities targeting Ukrainian refugees, Third Country Nationals (TCN), other migrants and host communities.
Under the general supervision of the Emergency Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Livelihood and Integration Officer, the successful candidate will lead the beneficiary identification, registration, enrolment, technical and material day to days support at field level for livelihood project activities in selected districts.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. 1. Support the identification, registration, enrolment, monitoring and follow up of livelihood beneficiaries.
2. Support the implementation of livelihood, vocational and business management-skills related assistances to refugees, host communities, and TCNs in the project sites.
3. Develop detail project implementation and monitoring plan to facilitate and guide the smooth and timely implementation of project activities.
4. Maintain regular contact with beneficiaries, community representative, local authorities to redress challenges, concerns on a regular basis
5. Collect data, compile periodic project progress updates, and timely communicate implementation challenges
6. Identify, prioritize, select, and follow up project beneficiaries among refugees and host communities with emphasis on the most vulnerable individuals and as per the established and agreed selection criteria, ensuring the equal access and participation of vulnerable women and youth.
7. Support the elaboration and submission of the final list of livelihood beneficiaries to the IOM Cash Based Interventions Unit for proceeding with the payments.
8. Elaborate, sign, and keep the records for the beneficiary declaration concluded with each beneficiary.
9. Collect from the applicants for small businesses the financial reports and information on staff for evaluation under the selection stage and submit the reports to the Grant committee members.
10. Prepare the folders with the business plans, financial reports and results/pictures from the evaluation visits to the potential beneficiaries of small grants.
11. Answer to the calls on Livelihood activities referred by the Call Center.
12. Collect the documents from the selected consultants, experts and construction companies for the elaboration and conclusion of the contracts.
13. Support and actively participate in the design/development and provision of planned small business and start up support, vocational and business management skill trainings, referrals to business development centre/business incubator, TVETs for target refugees and host communities.
14. Evaluate the applications for the small business grants and take part in the grant committee for the selection of the beneficiaries of small grants.
15. With guidance and direction from supervisor, work closely with local government and other institutions for smooth and timely project implementation of the various components of livelihood projects
16. Write and document case stories and human stories on good practices and experiences, and provide inputs on project information and documentation
17. Support on preparation of Purchase Requisition Forms (PRFs) for project goods and services in coordination with relevant parties for approval
18. Assist timely procurement, delivery, dispatch and distribution of beneficiary entitlement goods, equipment, tools, and supplies including cross-checking on quality, quantity, standard and type against plans.
19. Assist the identification of targets from refugees, TCNs and host communities for trainings on entrepreneurship, business development, legal advice on business startups, business marketing, financial management, business accounting, assets management etc. in close collaboration with relevant institutes and business training centers
20. Conduct regular visits to beneficiaries to and provide business counseling, collect feedbacks, and complains (CFM), support with mentorship, and monitoring of targeted beneficiaries through regular monitoring mechanisms.
21. Work in close collaboration with other IOM Units and programmes to strengthen integrated area-based approach.
22. Monitor the day-to-day livelihood activities, ensure daily, weekly, monthly data collection and reporting on project activities.
23. Prepare regular reports for donors, communication purposes, partners.
24. Perform other duties as required for the successful implementation of the project.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations.
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience on livelihood support to vulnerable communities and individuals
- Experience in team leadership, project management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and difficult conditions.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel.
For this position, fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Ukrainian is an advantage.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies: Behavioural indicators – Level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, security clearances and a valid COVID certification.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the Personal History form https://civic.md/userfiles/attachments/14191/IOM_Personal_History_Form.xls and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 25 September 2023.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the Personal History Forms duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 22.08.2023 to 25.09.2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Performance Management Advisor, Data for Impact (D4I) Moldova
- Environmental Specialist (full-time position) under Education Quality Improvement Project
- Centrul Internațional ,,La Strada” anunță concurs pentru angajarea Managerului/-rei Serviciului Integrat Regional din Ungheni pentru victimele violenței sexuale
- specialist in terapie comportamentala
- UNICEF Moldova: Individual Consultancy for an analysis of the use of the social assistance programme by beneficiaries for their children
- Deadline extended: Request for expressions of interest National Consultant – Software Developer Republic of Moldova Modernization of Government Services Project
- HelpAge contractează consultant revizuire cadru normativ Centru de plasament pentru persoane vârstnice
- Caritas Moldova is hiring a Project Coordinator
- Fundația pentru dezvoltare angajează asistent/ă de proiect full-time
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - NAP-2: Advancing Moldova’s National Climate Change Adaptation