Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Moldova is facing a compound crisis of energy and food security, curtailed economic growth, growing inflation, limited institutional capacities and divisions in society, aggravated by the continuing socio-economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the war in Ukraine. The refugee crisis presents an additional challenge that requires sustained attention and support from the international community. Without urgent intervention, the deepening socio-economic, energy, food and human security crises has the potential to derail the trajectory of development, and drastically increase human suffering of people in Moldova, whether Ukrainian refugees, third country nationals, or Moldovan citizens (including those from minority ethnic groups).
In this context, UNDP Moldova is going to implement 2 initiatives, funded through the supplementary budget of Japan’s Fiscal Year 2022, namely “Multidimensional response to emerging human security challenges in Moldova” (implemented by UNDP) and “Promotion of Human Security of Ukrainian refugees, third-country nationals, and the host communities in Moldova through Socio-Economic Empowerment and Inclusion” (implemented by UNDP and IOM).
The overall objective of the intervention “Multidimensional response to emerging human security challenges in Moldova” is to protect human security and enhance the resilience of the Republic of Moldova, in order to address the multifaceted and interconnected challenges of the current socio-economic, food and energy shocks. The three specific objectives are:
- To enhance people’s energy security through access to affordable energy that supports livelihoods and energy-efficient production
- To enhance food security by supporting the government to implement its Food Security Strategy, thereby strengthening the capacities of agricultural producers affected by the compound crises
- To enhance community security by capacitating the police service and community actors to deliver on the principles of social cohesion and peaceful coexistence.
The objective of the proposed project “Promotion of Human Security of Ukrainian refugees, third-country nationals, and the host communities in Moldova through Socio-Economic Empowerment and Inclusion” is to enhance the human security of Ukrainian refugees, Third Country Nationals (TCNs) fleeing the war in Ukraine, and their host communities in Moldova.
The proposed project aims to achieve the following four outcomes to advance the human security of people in Moldova, who are facing high vulnerability due to the war in Ukraine.
- Outcome 1: Infrastructure and basic services are effectively and adequately provided to the displaced populations and host communities, demonstrating “build-forward-better” with green, energy-efficient and digital technologies.
- Outcome 2: Refugees, TCNs, returning Moldovan(?) migrants and host community members, particularly women, older persons, and persons with disabilities, have access to livelihoods and employment opportunities, including in agriculture and food supply chains, that help them build self-reliance and live with dignity.
- Outcome 3: Universal access to protection and justice, including support to survivors of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) and trafficking in persons (TIP), is ensured for the refugees, TCNs, and Moldovan communities, with special attention to women, children, older persons, persons with disabilities, and other vulnerable groups.
- Outcome 4: Refugees, TCNs, returning Moldovan migrants, and host communities live in an inclusive, non-discriminatory, and peaceful environment where social cohesion, mutual trust and enhanced human security prevail.
In this regard, project teams are being put in place to support project’s implementation. UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Procurement Associate will ensure, in line with the Project scope, the provision of the following development services and products pertaining to an effective administrative and procurement:
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans.
- In accordance with the Projects’ Work Plans support the procurement of equipment, supplies and services ensuring full compliance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- Prepare the procurement plans for the projects and monitor their implementation.
- Organize procurement processes, including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, development of bidding documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of conditions of contracts, in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Organize procurement processes with respect to individual consultancy services (ICs, RLAs), coordinate receipt of applications and financial proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Promote and monitor the transparency of the procurement and contractual processes, and the use of international best practices; ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNDP procedures.
Prepare the submissions on the procurement processes to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP).
- Draft contracts for goods and services for management approval.
- Effective contracts management -draw up and maintain evidence and monitoring of awards and contracts with project implementing partners, consulting organizations, contractors, etc.
- Monitor supplier’s performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Undertake any other tasks requested on an ad hoc basis.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans.
- Monitor compliance with both UNDP and Donor standards and ensure quality control of project filing systems and files.
- Provide advice to the project team on procurement and contractual administration of processes.
- Undertake other administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- Keep abreast of UNDP rules and regulations in the area of responsibility and maintain an optimum level of knowledge by continuous learning.
- Provide regular reports to the Project managers and flag any deviations from the work plans immediately.
- Provide inputs for elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with Programme management.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Procurement Associate shall contribute to an effective and efficient implementation of the project activities via administrative and procurement.
The Procurement Associate will apply and promote the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Procurement Associate will work in close collaboration with the Project team as well as the team in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery.
The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies, and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross Functional and Technical competencies:
- Business management- Monitoring
- Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and program performance and results.
- Procurement- Data management
- Knowledge of processing, storing, and validating procurement data.
- Procurement - Contract management
- Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations.
- Procurement -Data analysis
- Ability to extract, analyze and visualize procurement data to form meaningful insights and aid effective business decision making.
- Procurement -Procure-to-Pay
- Knowledge of purchase-to-pay cycles, concepts, principles and policies, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations.
- Procurement- Category management
- Ability to segment spend into areas which contain similar or related products enabling focus opportunities for consolidation and efficiency.
- Administration & Operations- Assets management
- Knowledge of policy & procedures on PP&E, ability to prepare financial statements on PP&E, maintain Asset Management Module in Quantum, Asset Dashboard, develop supporting tools for assets certification and further enhancements for AM module, design and run training programs, etc. on assets management and assets recording, run AP-AM interface, perform AP-AM-GL reconciliation, perform analytical review of AM reports and asset information to ensure completeness and accuracy of asset information.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business administration, public administration, or other relevant fields will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 7 years (with Secondary education) or 4 years with (Bachelor's degree) of experience in administrative work, procurement, economics, or other substantive field is required.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, will be an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Specialized training in procurement will be an asset.
- Experience in providing effective logistical support will be an asset.
- Experience in assets management will be an asset.
- Proven experience in a similar position in UN Agencies will be an asset.
- Experience in development assistance or related work for a development organization, consulting company, or NGO will be an asset.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Data de încheiere a postului vacant : 05 octombrie 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Termen extins: APSCF angajează companie pentru elaborarea Identitatii vizuală și dezvoltarea materialelor
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova: Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- Caritas Cehia în Moldova anunță concurs de selectare a unui expert (e) pentru dezvoltarea și coordonarea unui plan de sustenabilitate pentru serviciile medicale de îngrijire la domiciliu
- UNDP Moldova: Project Manager (NPSA9) - Moldova Sustainable Green Cities – Catalyzing investment in sustainable green cities in the Republic of Moldova using a holistic integrated urban planning approach (Green Cities Project)
- Programme Associate (GS7) - UNDP Country Office Moldova
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA7) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- America House Chișinău angajează asistent/ă de proiect
- Procurement Associate - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/EU Confidence Building Measures Programme (EU CBM V)