The Ministry of Labour and Social Protection (MLSP) is responsible for providing a range of social services and transfers to the population of Moldova. The MLSP is committed to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of its services, and to ensuring that they provide value for money.
As part of the FCDO -funded Moldova/Regional Technical Assistance Facility (MRTAF) the Translator will be responsible for providing high quality translation and interpretation in Romanian and English to the Technical Assistance team.
The Government of Moldova is committed to reforming its public sector, including its social protection system. The RESTART reform programme is a key part of this effort. The programme aims to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the social protection system, and to make it more accessible to those who need it most.
The Ministry of Labour and Social Protection has approved the establishment of a Technical Assistance Team to be based within the Ministry to support the implementation of the RESTART reform programme.
We are looking for a translator to provide the highest quality of translation and interpretation services from English into Romanian and vice versa, of relevant materials and at the working meetings involving the Technical Assistance Team.
Recipient of services:
The translator will report to the MRTAF Team Leader on a regular basis.
Scope and responsibilities of the role:
The translator will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide simultaneous interpretation during events (ceremonies, workshops, trainings, conferences, informative community events, etc.) and meetings (technical working groups meetings, meetings between international Advisors/Expert's representatives and local counterparts, etc.);
- Use the appropriate terminology considering the style and nuances of the original text.
- Quality check and proofreading of translation ensuring no typographical errors in the final text
- Provide translation of minutes of meetings where appropriate
- Ensure timely delivery of translated materials
- Provide translation for reports/ documents/presentations where necessary
- Keep all material confidential
Competencies of Translator
The consultant will have the following qualifications:
- Higher education in linguistics or any other related field
- At least 3 years of work experience in translation and interpretation services Romanian and English
- Good written and communication skills
- Computer skills (especially with Microsoft Office applications), Zoom/Teams and other online applications and the ability to use information technology as a tool and resource
- Fluent knowledge of Romanian and English language is obligatory
- Previous experience working with development partners and government
- Be a team player and able to work to deadlines under stress
The funding for this consultancy is available for full time work until March 31st 2024.
Please send your CV to Sharon_Hall@dai.com
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova/ Joint Project Emergency support for agri-producers in the context of socio-economic and energy crisis and top-ups from SDC and Japan Supplementary Budget
- Oficiul Avocatului Poporului anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției publice de consultant/ă, Direcția Drepturile Copilului
- HelpAge International contractează experți sau companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- HelpAge anunță concurs pentru funcția de fotograf
- Tender announcement for Vulnerability Mapping of Youth in Moldova
- Manager calitate servicii, A.O.”CONCORDIA. Proiecte sociale”
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult/ă principal/ă al/a Direcției consolidarea supravegherii financiare
- ADMA anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției vacante de jurisconsult / jurisconsultă în Secția juridică și resurse umane
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- Legal Analyst Position - Cilc Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova