The Programme Assistant position is located in the UNFPA Moldova Country Office. The Programme Assistant forms part of the GBV/Youth team, coordinated by the GBV/Youth Prorgamme Coordinator (P3) and works in close collaboration with the Programme Support Team (comprising a Programme Associate and Programme Assistant). The Programme Assistant will provide programme, administrative and financial support to the programme and operations team in design, planning and management of UNFPA’s country programme on GBV. You will report directly to the Programme Analyst on Gender/GBV.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Programme Assistant provides programmatic and administrative support to the development and implementation of UNFPA's Country Programme and Humanitarian Response Programme, and isinstrumental in facilitating programme/project implementation by using appropriate mechanisms and systems, and ensuring compliance with established rules, policies and procedures. You will be a part of team which provides integrated programme and operational support within a systems strengthening approach fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy. You will work in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations and Communications staff of Moldova CO, to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
You would be responsible for:
- Providing significant input into arranging programme activities, including supporting programme staff in preparation of budget, arranging venues, materials, helping in preparation of the presentations.
- Contributing to the preparation of programme and financial reports and follow up actions by collecting information, preparing tables, drafting selected sections of the report etc.
- Assisting in developing tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient implementation of programme and project budgets.
- Assisting to CO programme by providing information for controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures and preparing budget revisions.
- Assisting with programme related procurement of services/goods and ensures that procurement is in accordance with UNFPA Procurement Procedures: collecting supporting documents; obtaining price quotations and preparing comparative tables; making logistical arrangements for the delivery, including customs clearance and distribution; obtaining Receipt and Inspection Reports and acceptance reports from national counterparts.
- Compiling relevant background materials and preparing briefs and summaries if requested. Maintaining database of public information contacts and potential donors.
- Arranging programme meetings, including organizing the venue, preparing draft minutes of programme meetings, communicating draft minutes to the participants and receiving feedback. Ensuring quality and completeness of filing of programme documents.
- Assisting in the archiving, filing, and maintenance of up to date electronic mailing lists on programme and technical matters.
- Undertaking all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements required for the successful planning and delivery of technical workshops, inter-agency meetings, panel discussions, roundtables, missions, and other events organized by the output managers in close collaboration with the operations team. This may include liaising with event management companies and caterers supporting the procurement process for these and related services; collecting and following up on nominations and registration; preparing list of participants; managing programme related travel and visa requirements, circulating events materials.
- Arrangement of travels and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, security clearances/travel notifications, collecting travel reports, F-10 Forms, etc. as stipulated in UNFPA Duty Travel Policy and other relevant guidelines.
- Performing assigned tasks within Global Programming System for UNFPA project management and assisting in the implementation of HACT assurance activities (spot check, audit, micro-assessment, etc.)
- Raising requisitions in QUANTUM with inputs from designated clients.
- Creating AODocs payment requests.
- In coordination with designated UNFPA Country Office’s Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst, assisting in collecting and processing information relevant to programme monitoring and evaluation and programme indicators.
- Translating and drafting letters and other programme documents as well as provides oral translation as may be assigned by country office management;
- Acts as a back-up on selected functions for the other G5 Programme Assistant during her/his absence.
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed secondary level education required. First level university degree in business/public administration, finance, economics or relevant social science discipline desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of previous relevant experience in administration or project/programme management;
- Proficiency in current office software applications and a good basic knowledge of finances and mastery of a series of financial and spreadsheet software.
- Previous experience in the UN or NGOs is an asset.
- Experience in ERP Systems(SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle, Atlas etc.) is an asset.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Logistical support.
- Managing data, documents, correspondence and reports.
- Managing information and workflow.
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking.
- Managing financial processes.
- Job knowledge/technical expertise.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 5 July 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- APSCF contractează servicii de consultanță în domeniul planificării strategice
- EDUCO and WeWorld Moldova are hiring Consultant for a post implementation monitoring survey of the project
- Coordonatorul programului EECMD, Moldova
- Oportunitate pentru pedagogi pasionați/te de științele politice și de istorie
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Assessment Officer - Chișinău
- Plan International is hiring Country Accountant based in Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult/ă principal/ă al/a Direcției rezoluție bancară
- Project Associate (multiple posts) - NPSA7 - UNDP Moldova/Flood Management - 15777
- Caritas Moldova is hiring Human Resources Officer
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru funcția de auditor intern, Serviciul audit intern