Job title: Programme Manager on Data Governance
Position Level: Service Contract: SB 4.3
Position Number: 202405
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Full/Part time: Full-time
Supervisor: Programme Analyst on Population and Development
Supervision or Coordination: Supervision (1 staff) and Coordination responsibilities
Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
Programme Manager on Data Governance is responsible for effective planning, coordination and implementation of UNFPA project “Building data governance through reliable and disaggregated demographic data for central and local authorities” funded by Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
The Programme Manager contributes to achieving the Output 4 of the UNFPA Moldova Country Programme 2023 – 2027: Strengthened data systems and evidence-based policies that consider population dynamics and regional developments for building demographic resilience, and gender equality and to all other outputs of UNFPA Country programme as cross-cutting areas.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s Strategic Plan for 2022-2025, focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is implementing its fourth Country Programme for 2023-2027, which is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2023 – 2027 for the Republic of Moldova.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff who embody these international norms and standards and will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire, and deliver high-impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, and exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to delivering excellence in programme results.
Programme Manager on Data Governance leads the effective implementation and ensures synergy of UNFPA programmatic interventions and advocacy efforts in supporting central and local authorities to develop and implement evidence-based, inclusive, and responsive policies based on population projections and reliable and disaggregated demographic data, considering migration profiles. He/she is undertaking a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management, implementation, and monitoring of interventions and activities in close coordination and under the direct supervision of the UNFPA Programme Analyst on Population and Development.
Programme Manager is closely working with State Chancellery, National Bureau of Statistics and the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection, local public authorities, E-Government, civil society organizations, UN agencies, development partners, and donors, and other stakeholders working with and for data governance and demographic resilience.
As Programme Manager on Data Governance, you would be responsible for:
A. Ensuring efficient programme result-based management:
- Coordinating and managing day-to-day programme implementation that leads to achieving the expected results in synergy and complementarity with other programmes under the Population and Development Portfolio of UNFPA.
- Identifying key performance indicators as well as developing and maintaining a monitoring system to ensure effective information sharing, provision of feedback, and elaboration of top-quality progress reports.
- Within the strategic framework concerted with the national counterparts, central and local authorities, preparing work plans reflecting the scope of activities, timing, sequencing, cost, and other inputs for implementing the programme activities.
- Ensuring the effective management of human resources pertaining to the programme, including staff, consultants, and experts; conducting periodic performance appraisals; building, leading, and motivating a solid team of professionals; validating terms of reference for international and national consultants, etc.
- Managing efficiently the financial resources of the programme, including budgeting, as well as expenditure tracking and reporting.
- Coordinating the work of implementing partners related to the programme.
- Performing necessary operations in corporate ERP system(s).
- Leading and ensuring the implementation of the programme work plan according to UNFPA rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Applying human rights and gender equality principles in programme planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Applying development-humanitarian-peace nexus in programming.
B. Ensuring efficient communication and collaboration with national and international counterparts:
- Liaising with the national and international counterparts, central and local public authorities, donors, and the UNFPA office to ensure that programme results are achieved, and programme resources are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring constructive regular communication, coordination, reporting to donors supporting the programme interventions, anticipating, and flagging any deviations from the work plans, and proposing solutions in coordination with UNFPA Programme Analyst on Population and Development.
- Supporting advocacy and resource mobilization strategy in the respective area by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events, supporting the project proposals development, etc.
- Building partnerships with national and local public authorities, private sector, academia, civil society organizations, holders of administrative data and others.
- Leading and coordinating the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences, trainings, study tours, and related activities relevant to the implementation of the programme.
C. Ensuring high quality information and visibility of the programme:
- Ensuring high-quality information and visibility of the programme interventions and results to the mass media and stakeholders, including participation in TV shows.
- Advocating for and promoting programme interventions by compiling and synthesizing relevant background materials, drafting programme summaries, articles, publications, speeches, and presentations for delivery via journals, meetings, public events, and in other fora.
- Contributing to the creation and sharing of knowledge, by synthesizing and documenting findings, success stories, best practices, and lessons learned within the programme area, to share with colleagues and partners, at the local and national levels.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership, which contribute to the programme efficient implementation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in demography and statistics, sociology, economics, public management, population studies, law, and/or other related social science fields.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 (five) years of progressive working experience in the design, management and implementation of projects and programmes and/or working in a relevant position to this post.
- Working experience in the area of demography, statistics or evidence-based policy development.
- Prior experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, and/or NGOs, is desired.
- Extensive experience in managing a multidisciplinary team and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and data analysis.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant to Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian, or sign language is an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda,
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships,
- Delivering results-based programmes,
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
- Providing strategic vision and focus,
- Engaging internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people / Creating a culture of performance,
- Making decisions and exercising judgment.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters, or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic, or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 11 July 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Assistant (male/female) of the EU High Level Adviser on Financial Services
- Communications Assistant, IOM Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal gestiune procese, pe durată determinată
- Call для тренеров-менторов, которые присоединятся к нашей команде на мероприятии «EmpowerHer: Программа развития бизнеса для женщин-беженцев»
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- Local Consultant (Project Coordinator) - Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in Chisinau
- HelpAge Moldova angajează Asistent(ă) de Program
- Project Manager (NPSA-10) - UNDP Moldova/Digitalization in Support of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection’s “Restart” Reform" - 15967
- Programme Associate/SB3.5 (UN Women Moldova)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de monitorizarea riscurilor și raportare