The USAID Future Technologies Activity (FTA) seeks INTERNS
The USAID Future Technologies Activity (FTA), implemented by Chemonics International, seeks INTERNS for summer 2023 and the 2023-2024 academic year – up to 20 hours per week during the school year and up to 40 hours per week during the summer months.
The USAID Future Technologies Activity continues USAID, Sweden, and UK Aid’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming, building on lessons learned and adaptions, relationships, and local partner trust achieved by previous programs over the past 15 years. FTA uses a global market systems framework to continue to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA focuses on infusing digitalization, innovation and creativity, and sustainability across all sectors, with a particular focus on urban-based technology-enabled sectors, including light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
Interns will be based in Chisinau, at FTA’s offices. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Interns will assist with FTA’s work in a specific technical area, such as marketing, export promotion, finance and investment, workforce development, green economy, ICT, creative industries, and/or digital media, as well as communications and/or monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
This opportunity offers interns a learning environment in which they will gain knowledge, skills, and abilities relevant to their studies while at the same time contributing to the overall objectives of FTA. Daily activities will range from supporting administrative and technical needs to assisting with planning and organizing events and/or completing ad hoc research assignments. Below are illustrative tasks that describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this internship.
- Coordinate activities with the Centers of Excellence supported by FTA, such as Nortek, FCL Center, Orange Digital Center, etc.
- Provide administrative and logistics support for the implementation of education-related activities and events.
- Assist future professions’ academic year planning.
- Provide support to student engagement activities.
- Support university enrollment guidance campaign
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Enrollment in an accredited university program or a recent graduate.
- Demonstrated interest in learning and working in FTA’s target sectors and/or on international donor-funded projects.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to be proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, results-oriented, and with the ability to meet deadlines.
Including “FTA Internship” in the subject line, please send an email with your CV and a short expression of interest to email@example.com by July 14, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Chemonics will contact finalists for interviews.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, Direcția deservirea operațiunilor
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru poziția de SMM reporter/ă
- Communication officer - HEKS/EPER
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al direcției reglementare
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru selectare jurnalist/ă de investigație
- CRS Moldova is hiring Project Officer Education and Psychosocial Support
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de șef/ă al/a Direcţiei Legislație Bancă Centrală
- Project Manager (NPSA-10) – UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition - 14979
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor - Recruitment for Child protection officer
- Concurs extins de selectare a unui consultant în realizarea analizei de impact