Job title: Programme Analyst on Census
Position Number: 00809
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Full/Part time: Full-Time
Fixed term/Temporary: Fixed term
Rotational/Non Rotational: Non-Rotational
Duration: 1 year (with the possibility of extension)
Programme Analyst on Census coordinates all UNFPA interventions to support the National Bureau of Statistics in preparation of Population and Housing Census” Project supported by EU Delegation in the Republic of Moldova.
Programme Analyst on Census will work under the overall guidance and the direct supervision of the UNFPA Programme Analyst on Population and Development and in close coordination with the UNFPA Assistant Representative.
The population and housing census is among the most complex and massive peacetime exercises a nation can undertake. It requires careful planning, resourcing and implementation – from mapping an entire country, mobilizing and training large numbers of enumerators, and conducting major public awareness campaigns, to canvassing all households, carefully monitoring census activities, and analyzing, disseminating and using the resulting data.
A census involves the complete enumeration of the population in a country, territory, or area, and should be conducted at least once every 10 years. It generates a wealth of data, including numbers of people, their spatial distribution, age and sex structure, as well as their living conditions and other key socioeconomic characteristics. These data are critical for good governance, policy formulation, development planning, crisis prevention, mitigation and response, social welfare programmes and business market analyses. UNFPA provides technical and financial support to ensure that censuses are of high quality, uphold international principles and standards, and produce data that are widely disseminated and utilized for development.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire, and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit themselves to deliver excellence in programme results.
Working within the Moldova Country Office (CO) environment, you will support the effective and efficient implementation of UNFPA interventions of the “Support to the National Bureau of Statistics in preparation of Population and Housing Census” Project supported by EU Delegation in the Republic of Moldova.
Through this project UNFPA will focus on:
- coordinate capacity building of the National Bureau of Statistics in the use of modern data collection tools for Census,
- support the National Bureau of Statistics in the development of the computer assisted personal interview software and the necessary monitoring tools for census operation (human resources, data collection monitoring, GIS integration, etc.),
- integration of the census module into the Informational System on Demographic and Social Statistics, ensuring its operationalization and the use of a mix of data sources for the population and housing census,
- endowment of the National Bureau of Statistics with the necessary hardware to ensure proper census data collection in the field,
- coordinate the training of enumerators on how to collect data on tables,
- support the National Bureau of Statistics with the necessary technical assistance for the development of the methodology on census, census quality assurance, geocoding, including Post-Enumeration Survey and other mechanisms for assessing census coverage and quality,
- support the National Bureau of Statistics with the necessary technical assistance for the development of the entire package of census training materials. This will include the development of the training manual for enumerators, supervisors and Chief district as well as modalities for conducting capacity building activities (online / offline),
- build the capacity of the National Bureau of Statistics staff in the use of administrative data for ensuring the quality of census-collected data.
The Programme Analyst on Census will be leading day-to-day management, including financial and administrative coordination of the project. The primary responsibility of the Programme Analyst on Census is to ensure that the project produces the results specified in the project documents, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The incumbent should ensure alignment of the project activities with UNFPA strategic work at national level and EU requirements as per signed agreement.
You will assist in monitoring results achieved during implementation, guiding the appropriate application of systems and procedures, and developing enhancements as required.
You would be responsible for:
- Efficient planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all project activities in coordination with UNFPA programme and operations teams.
- Liaising with the European Delegation technical level focal points to ensure coordination and efficient implementation of planned activities.
- Analyzing and reporting on programme and project progress in terms of achieving results, using existing monitoring and evaluation tools and introducing new mechanisms and systems; identifies constraints and resource deficiencies and recommends corrective action.
- Monitoring projects expenditures and disbursements to ensure delivery is in line with approved project budgets and to realize targeted delivery levels.
- Evaluating project and programme activities, establishing ways to systematically assess achievement and recommending corrective action as required; conducting field assessment visits; participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing regular inputs to status and progress reports, ensure the reflection of the project activities, timing, sequencing, cost and other outputs as per the Census project proposal, budget and action plan.
- Establishing collaborative relationships with development partners, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies to facilitate timely and efficient delivery of programme.
- Assisting in implementing knowledge management strategies to capture lessons learned and best practices, sharing these with management for future planning.
- Assisting in advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of the CO, by establishing and maintaining a network of donor and public information contacts. Assisting with organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events, including preparing relevant background material for these events.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in statistics, sociology, health, population, gender, demography and/or other related social science discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous professional experience in the field of population and development, with experience in programme/ project management would be desirable.
- Previous experience in working in the area of data would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic statistical concepts and methodologies.
- Practical experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience using office software packages and web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, or sign language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda,
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships,
- Delivering results-based programmes,
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm.
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 02 July 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Assistant (male/female) of the EU High Level Adviser on Financial Services
- Communications Assistant, IOM Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal gestiune procese, pe durată determinată
- Call для тренеров-менторов, которые присоединятся к нашей команде на мероприятии «EmpowerHer: Программа развития бизнеса для женщин-беженцев»
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- Local Consultant (Project Coordinator) - Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in Chisinau
- HelpAge Moldova angajează Asistent(ă) de Program
- Project Manager (NPSA-10) - UNDP Moldova/Digitalization in Support of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection’s “Restart” Reform" - 15967
- Programme Associate/SB3.5 (UN Women Moldova)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de monitorizarea riscurilor și raportare