- Job title: Communication Manager on Census campaign
- Level: SB 4.2
- Position Number: 201933
- Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
- Full/Part time: Full-time
- Supervisor: UNFPA Programme Analyst on Census
- Supervision and/or Coordination: Coordination responsibilities
- Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
The Communication Manager on Census campaign coordinates overall communication interventions necessary to raise awareness through the general population about Population and Housing Census and increase confidence to participate and provide reliable information.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of UNFPA Programme Analyst on Census and secondary supervision of the UNFPA Communications Analyst, and in close collaboration with all programmes and communication teams.
The Communication Manager will assume full responsibility for the effective implementation of the communication and visibility activities within the Programme in alignment with UNFPA mandate and Country Programme Document in full compliance with Communication and Visibility Requirements for EU External Actions, UNFPA Global Communication Strategy, UNFPA Country Office Communication Strategy, and corporate Guidelines.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s Strategic Plan for 2022-2025 focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is implementing its fourth Country Programme for 2023-2027, which is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2023 – 2027 for the Republic of Moldova.
Also, UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is the leading UN Agency providing census technical support worldwide during all stages of a national census to ensure that everyone is counted and accounted for in the pursuit of sustainable development. In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is among the largest donors and partners of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) and, among other, supports the national statistical system in the preparation for the 2024 population and housing census and to the technical endowment of territorial offices and NBS departments responsible for the census.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire, and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, and exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to delivering excellence in programme results.
The Communication Manager on Census campaign is responsible for leading the design, planning, and implementation of effective communication to ensure the smooth running of visibility actions around the 2024 census, to advocate for and generate support among key stakeholders to educate the society towards a positive attitude regarding the census, to raise awareness through the general population to participate and provide reliable information about themselves, and to ensure visibility of the Project among national and local audiences in full compliance with the UNFPA Global Communication Strategy and corporate Guidelines and Communication and Visibility Requirements for EU External Actions.
Working within the Moldova Country Office (CO) environment, you will support the effective and efficient implementation of UNFPA communication interventions of the “Support to the National Bureau of Statistics in preparation of Population and Housing Census” Project supported by EU Delegation in the Republic of Moldova.
You would be responsible for:
A. Ensure efficient program’s internal and external communication:
- Development and coordination of the action plans in accordance with the developed communication strategy and public awareness campaigns adjusted to the specific audiences;
- Proactively manage internal and external communication activities, aimed at increasing knowledge on the importance of the Census and achieve public acceptance and cooperation;
- Provide daily support to the National Bureau of Statistics on planning, drafting and implementation of communication activities aiming to increase people’s confidence and participation in Population and Housing Census. Support the Joint Action objective of challenging and transforming perceptions and the critical attitude of the society into a positive one;
- Liaise with communication companies on efficient implementation of Census communication campaign during pilot census and Census data collection;
- Develops and maintains active communication with national stakeholders, including the National Bureau of Statistics, implementing partners, traditional and social media networks, as well as with civil society groups and organizations essential to ensure visibility of the programme;
- Work with the selected suppliers for the provision of communication goods and services and write TORs for short-term experts to be hired in implementing activities related to communication and visibility.
B. Develop and implement Programme’ advocacy activities:
- Coordinate the development of the programme corporate identity: design of programme logo, template for PPT presentations, template for word documents (agenda, participation list, meeting sheets, other).
- Ensure communications on social media: write posts, coordinate development of assets, increase engagement on specific issues;
- Develop and coordinate press releases, articles, interviews by the main spokesperson for the project, briefing notes for the media, field visits etc.
- Identifies and drafts success stories and promotes them in media, to inspire and boost a rights-based approach to the Census in the Republic of Moldova;
- Coordinate TV spots, interviews by the spokesperson, field visits, human impact stories, use of state and rural radio and TV stations, and popular programmes on demographics.
- Develop concepts of various communication products such as TV programmes, publications and other promotional and information materials;
- Producing appealing multi-media content such as human impact video stories, photos and photo essays, online quizzes, polls and other creative multimedia projects;
- Coordinate development of relevant brochures, including Programme Annual Report and other publications, banners, posters, factsheets, leaflets, billboards, press kits etc.
- Organizes media field trips to document good practices and seeks the involvement of decision makers and donors for greater visibility, advocacy and positioning of Programmes’s agenda;
- Organizes high-level public events involving main stakeholders and beneficiaries to generate awareness about Census and facilitate the overall implementation;
- Create innovative partnerships at the national and local levels by involving relevant influencers, celebrities, key public figures, to support the programme and increase the awareness of communities and influential actors of Census exercise.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership, which contributes to the programme efficient implementation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent of five years’ university degree) in communications, journalism, public relations, social policies or related field, or
- University degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 (five) years of relevant experience in the field of communication, journalism, public relations.
- Experience in managing the communication activities of development projects, preferably on social issues.
- Experience in communication on issues such as statistics, demographic changes and related fields would be a strong advantage.
- Good understanding and experience of using innovative media tools, including social media, blogs, vlogs or any other innovative tools.
- Experience in working with UN and/or EU funded projects would be considered as a strong advantage.
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda,
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships,
- Delivering results-based programmes,
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic, or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 26 June 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Two Legal Analyst Positions - CILC Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova
- Internews in Moldova is hiring Finance Specialist
- Rețeaua Națională LEADER prelungește anunțul de selectare a unui expert pentru elaborarea manualului de grant al organizației
- Termen extins. Expert în Evaluarea Strategiei CONTACT
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru funcția de auditor intern, Serviciul audit intern
- Project Assistant, Case Management, IOM Moldova
- AAH is hiring WASH Project Officer
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist consultant, Direcția Cercetări Aplicate
- Termen extins: APSCF contractează prestator servicii de audit financiar
- Laolaltă angajează Manager/ă Financiar/ă