Agency: United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
Title: National Project Assistant
Application Deadline: 20 April 2023
Main Duty Station and Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Start of Contract: 25 May 2023
End of Contract: 31 December 2023 (with the possibility of extension)
Duration: 80 working days
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability. The mandate of the UNIDO is to promote and accelerate sustainable industrial development in developing countries and economies in transition.
BACKGROUND ON THE PROJECT
This assignment is undertaken under the EU-funded project “Improving the standards compliance through increased national capacities for residue monitoring”, which aims to increase national capacities for residue monitoring in animal feed and products of animal origin (pesticides, veterinary medicine, contaminants and prohibited substances).
The project will pursue three technical Outcomes, thus responding to the limited capacity for residues monitoring and the main compliance challenges identified in the Republic of Moldova:
Outcome 1: Improved practices of competent authorities (ANSA and MAFI) through good governance and revamped legal and regulatory framework.
Outcome 2: Improved practices of national reference laboratories through expanded testing capacities, demonstrating proof of compliance.
Outcome 3: SMEs and FBOs application of best practices in compliance with standards and technical regulations in the value chains of meat, poultry and milk products are enhanced.
The project is in line with the European Green Deal and the Farm2Fork strategy, contributes directly to the EU’s Annual Action Plan for 2021 and 2nd General Objective of the National Agriculture and Rural Development Strategy (SNDAR) 2023-2030, and promotes SDG 2: Zero hunger, SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, and SDG 12: Responsible consumption and production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Manager in the UNIDO HQ, with direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator and in close cooperation with the project team in the field and HQ, National Project Assistant and Translator will provide administrative support and translate documents. Specifically, the National Project Assistant and Translator will perform the following duties:
- Perform general administrative and logistical tasks such as arrangements for meetings, study tours, training, workshops and other events.
- Provide logistical support to international consultants, national consultants, and visiting UNIDO staff members.
- Assist with the preparation for the Project Steering Committee meetings, including providing support in drafting the agenda, the list of participants, sending out invitations and following up.
- Translate legal and regulatory frameworks, bi-annual reports, annual reports, service providers’ reports, press releases, background notes, and other documents and reports to/from the Romanian, English, and Russian languages.
- Perform quality control of outsourced documents in the Romanian, English, and Russian languages.
- Provide word-for-word interpreting and translation to/from the Romanian, English, and Russian languages for international consultants and staff during meetings, study tours, training, workshops and other events.
- WE LIVE AND ACT WITH INTEGRITY: work honestly, openly and impartially.
- WE SHOW PROFESSIONALISM: work hard and competently in a committed and responsible manner.
- WE RESPECT DIVERSITY: work together effectively, respectfully and inclusively, regardless of our differences in culture and perspective.
- WE FOCUS ON PEOPLE: cooperate to fully reach our potential –and this is true for our colleagues as well as our clients. Emotional intelligence and receptiveness are vital parts of our UNIDO identity.
- WE FOCUS ON RESULTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: focus on planning, organizing and managing our work effectively and efficiently. We are responsible and accountable for achieving our results and meeting our performance standards. This accountability does not end with our colleagues and supervisors, but we also owe it to those we serve and who have trusted us to contribute to a better, safer and healthier world.
- WE COMMUNICATE AND EARN TRUST: communicate effectively with one another and build an environment of trust where we can all excel in our work.
- WE THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND INNOVATE: To stay relevant, we continuously improve, support innovation, share our knowledge and skills, and learn from one another.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Interpretation, Literature, Linguistics, Social Sciences, or another relevant discipline is required.
Technical and functional experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible working experience in providing administrative support, interpretation and translation is required.
- Experience relevant to technical cooperation in the Republic of Moldova is
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and Microsoft Teams is required.
Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English, Romanian and Russian languages is required.
To apply please create and release your profile on the UNIDO recruitment portal.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Fundraiser A.O. ''CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale''
- Angajăm specialist în PR și comunicare
- Communications Expert
- Caritas Cehia în Moldova anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui expert (e) în livrarea unei sesiuni de instruire privind terapia prin mișcare pentru personalul din 10 centre medico-sociale de îngrijire la domiciliu
- Centrul Internațional ,,La Strada” anunță concurs pentru angajarea Managerului/-rei Serviciului Integrat Regional din Ungheni pentru victimele violenței sexuale
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - EU Confidence Building Measures Programme, funded by the European Union, 11003
- Psiholog clinician
- Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Procurement Specialist for USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA) project
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - Enhancing democracy in Moldova through inclusive and transparent elections (phase II) Project
- Centrul de Drept al Femeilor anunță concurs pentru selectarea unei companii sociologice în vederea elaborării studiului sociologic „Bărbații și egalitatea de gen în Republica Moldova 2024”