Project Coordinator/ Project Assistant (TBD based on applicant pool)
Internews in Moldova
Type of Appointment:
May 15, 2023
12 months (with a possible extension upon availability of funding and satisfactory performance)
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova/ Hybrid Work
Closing date for Applications:
May 1, 2023, COB. Please note that the application process will be stopped as soon as a suitable candidate is identified before this announced deadline. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon as possible.
Internews in Moldova is managing programs funded by USAID, the UK, SIDA, OSF, the Kingdom of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the EU. Internews in Moldova projects aim to promote the development of an independent, professional media in Moldova that gives citizens access to a variety of perspectives and create a media sector that is more resilient to political and financial pressures. By focusing on the supply and demand for objective information, these projects will strengthen the ability of independent media to fulfill its role as a watchdog over the government and serve as space for citizens to engage in public policy dialogue. On the other side, targeted media literacy activities in all regions of the country, including involving social media influencers and youth organizations, will build consumer understanding of and demand for independent, reliable, and high-quality news and information. Moreover, Internews focuses on the legal enabling environment to reinforce existing protections for freedom of speech, facilitate better implementation of laws, and advocate for media sector regulation in accordance with international norms. To overcome dual crises of the COVID-19 pandemic and Russia’s war of aggression against Ukraine and stay afloat by continuing to produce trustworthy and evidence-based content Internews provides 17 independent media outlets with emergency support.
Project Coordinator/ Project Assistant works closely with Project Director to assist with the coordination of resources, equipment, meetings, and information. S/he organizes the activities to create comprehensive action plans concerning resources, budgets and timeframes for the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates activities in frame of the project.
- Runs work operations to ensure established goals and objectives are met.
- Communicates with Key Partners, experts, moderators, trainers, and participants involved in project events, etc.
- Prepares information for narrative reports and promotional materials.
- Promotes activities through social networks.
- Responsible for translating, and updating grant agreements, after coordination with Internews.
- Formulates contractual commitments with subcontractors, customers, etc. in accordance with the needs and requirements of the project.
- Ensures all local and international consultants have valid contracts and files, in accordance with Internews’ policies.
- Collaborates closely with financial staff to ensure that local regulations are complied with in accordance with the Internews and donor regulations.
- Monitors and documents the grant making workflow processes, forms, templates, reports, and data to assure full compliance with donors’ requirements.
- Maintains necessary records, files, reports, databases, and resource materials pertinent to Grant activities.
- Implements operating policies and procedures to ensure the effectiveness of program operations.
- Coordinates and monitors the activities, schedules, and deadlines of assigned programs including but not limited to relationship and contract management.
- Conducts and attends meetings to provide information, enlist support, resolve issues, and plan/coordinate activities and logistics for meetings, workshops, and other engagement campaigns, and co-facilitates, as needed; may represent Internews at thematic meetings; and/or give presentations.
- Keeps calendar for Program activities, coordinates, sets up meetings and events with experts and participants.
- Reconciles contract-related issues with experts that might involve corrective action plans if determined with the Program Director.
- Works with, interacts with, and oversees contracted consultants for delivery and effectiveness.
- Conducts site visits and ad hoc visits. Compliance and non-compliance matters are reviewed with the Program Director.
- Conducts outreach and engagement events across the regions (virtually and in-person).
- Participates in weekly Program Team staff meetings and presents the provision of work-related updates.
- Research media trends, if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director and Internews management staff.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from a recognized university with a bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, politics, economics, linguistics, social sciences, pedagogy, or other relevant subjects.
- Minimum three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in public or nonprofit programs including the preparation of written reports, data analysis and/or contract processing.
- Demonstrated experience in working with grants programs.
- Master’s degree is an asset.
- Professional working proficiency in English and Romanian and proficiency in Russian required.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and work assignments.
- Project management skills with experience supervising administrative tasks.
- Capability to analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action.
- Tactful and effective relations with employees, representatives of other institutions, and the public.
- Meets schedules and timelines.
- Capacity to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and logical oral and written analysis, recommendations, and reports.
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion.
- Utilizes computers and software applications such as word processing, database manager, spread sheets, and other software/applications relevant to the professional projects assigned.
- Developed interpersonal and diplomacy skills and the ability to interact effectively with individuals at organizations domestically and internationally.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and professional phone and email communication.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, CV including two references to the following address: email@example.com, May 1, 2023, 6:00 p.m. Please include “Project Coordinator/ Project Assistant” in the subject line. For any additional questions please contact Internews in Moldova office: +373 60500570.
Internews is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from candidates from a range of backgrounds. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Please note that Internews in Moldova office will only respond to those applicants selected for an interview.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Terre des hommes Moldova: Specialist în protecția copilului
- Dreamups angajează: Videograf/Companie de producție video
- Design and deliver Export Marketing Program for the producers and emerging exporters of fresh fruits in Moldova
- WeWorld Moldova angajează Psiholog (B/F)
- Laolaltă angajează Manager/ă Financiar/ă
- HelpAge Moldova angajează Ofițer Comunicare și Relații cu Publicul
- Project Associate (multiple posts) - NPSA7 - UNDP Moldova/Flood Management - 15777
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă principal/ă, analiză, prognoză și emisiune a monedei naționale
- WeWorld Moldova is looking for a MEAL Officer (M/W)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist consultant, Direcția cercetări economice