UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
With Accelerating Digital Transformation in Public Sector Project (Digital Transformation Project or Project), UNDP Moldova aims to improve access to and quality of public services and business conditions through accelerated digital transformation of government processes and business model(s) and promote innovation, as well as collaborative experimentation within the Government, in the private sector, internally in UNDP Moldova, and in collaboration with external partners.
UNDP Moldova, through this Project is strategically positioned as an integrator of programmatic solutions with innovative mindset, including bringing forward digital components in supporting accelerated delivery of the SDGs.
The Project has the following objectives:
• Support transformative changes in the organizational and innovation culture in the public and private sectors and align all participants for the accelerated achievement of the Sustainable Development Agenda and national targets;
• Contribute towards streamlining innovation through engaging with the ongoing and prospective projects and seeking ways to maximize and to measure their social impact;
• Support the Digitalization of Moldova that will contribute to improved governance by increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of government processes, increasing transparency and public access to governmental information – and therefore promoting accountability and public participation, and improving an innovative delivery of public services, as well as impact evaluation and strategic support to scaling-up of the successful solutions.
Scope of Work
The Project Associate is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Provide support to international consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, accommodation, etc);
- Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Coordinate other support staff, the project driver, translators, and short-term consultants.
- Prepare and issue contracts;
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities;
- Draft minutes of Project Board and other project related meetings;
- Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of project files and records;
- Arrange external and internal meetings (including the meetings of the Project Board, Technical level, as well as other relevant meetings etc.).
- Prepare requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments;
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- Prepare proposals for budget revisions;
- Prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports;
- Respond to queries from the Government and UNDP with respect to financial aspects of the programme, liaise with UNDP-appointed and external auditors wherever required;
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
- Advise and assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Assist the auditing performed by the project managers over the funds allocated to project. Ensure the compliance of allocated funds with the UNDP norms and regulations.
- If necessary, travel for control and auditing purposes to the project.
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
- Create and mange e-requisitions in Quantum;
- Prepare the procurement plans for the projects and monitoring of their implementation;
- Prepare the submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP);
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNDP procedures;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
- Maintain the equipment and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required.
Other duties as assigned.
a) Assume full responsibility for and manage effectively and efficiently financial, physical / material assets, etc. in order to meet expected results.
b) Apply UNDP programming tools utilization, and namely, introduce and control over the financial data in Quantum.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent assists in the effective management of the project through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of project activities. The Project Associate applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Project Associate works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications and other project teams in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies Business Management/Digital Awareness and Literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
Business Management/Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solution, and deliver timely and quality results ans/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate clients’ upcoming needs and concerns.
Administration and Operations/Entitlement travel
- Knowledge of policy and procedures related to entitlement travel, including the identification of entitlement for lump sum for UNDP as well as other UN agencies.
- Knowledge of purchase-to-pay cycles, concepts, principles and policies, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations.
Administration & Operations/Events management (including retreats, trainings and meetings)
- Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc
Administration & Operations/Travel contract management
- Knowledge of policy and procedures related to contract management, incl. oversight of the Long Term Agreement (LTA) with the Travel Management Services (TMS) provider; UN airline agreement management covering all major and rail providers; ability to negotiate airline discounts
- Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets.
Minimum Qualifications of the Successful NPSA
- Secondary Education.
- Bachelor Degree in economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration or other related field would be desired.
- Minimum 6 years (with Secondary Education) or minimum 3 years (with Bachelor Degree) of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO experience is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in providing effective administrative and logistical support.
- Experience in office maintenance and assets management.
- Experience in compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, reports.
- Previous experience in organization of procurement processes.
- Experience to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
- Experience in maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
- Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language is an asset.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant ai fost extins pana la: 27 April 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Procurement Consultant within Education Quality Improvement Project
- Școala de Jurnalism din Moldova angajează Manager Marketing
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal elaborare modele economice
- British Embassy Chisinau is hiring a Communications & Media Assistant
- Extended deadline: Senior Program Associate (Protection/Information Management (IM)/Reporting)
- CCI a RM angajează Consilier(ă) juridic(ă)
- Consultant individual pentru elaborarea și modificarea actelor normative ce țin de Registrul obiectelor de infrastructură edilitară (ROITE)
- Acted is hiring Distribution Assistant - Chisinau
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, reglementare și licențiere sisteme de plăți
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri