British Embassy Chisinau is hiring a Driver/Clerical Assistant
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities): The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Driver/Clerical Assistant. The Driver/Clerical Assistant is part of the Corporate Services Team and provides reliable and courteous transportation services to customers with safety as top priority, maintains daily journey records and acts in full compliance with Embassy Transport policy.
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
- Act as driver to the Ambassador and other embassy staff as required, including routine, official and representational duties;
- Provide clerical support to the Corporate Services Section, including office routine tasks;
- Provide out of hours/weekend support as required, including overnight/extended trips in support of Embassy staff’s duties;
- Management of the assigned vehicle, including logs, authorised repairs, and routine servicing/maintenance;
- Support miscellaneous tasking such as purchasing and payments in cash or Corporate Credit Cards within delegated limits;
- Register vehicles with local authorities for both official and private UK Based Staf
- Act as a back-up for Receptionist/Management Assistant.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- English, including writing skills (written and spoken, minimum of A2 level for CEFR framework*);
- Full professional proficiency in Romanian and Russian, including excellent writing skills (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*);
- A minimum of 2 years driving experience is required. Experience in driving Diplomatic, Military or VIP personnel would be an asset;
- A minimum of 6 months of working experience in office administration;
- Good customer service, communication and time management skills;
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure;
- A good understanding of the role; must be flexible with working hours and be a good team worker;
- Basic IT skills (Microsoft Office package).
Application deadline: 11 April 2023
Type of Position: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week: 35
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Salary: 13,915 MDL (gross)
Start Date: 5 June 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment: This is a full-time permanent contract. The Embassy’s pay and benefits package is in compliance with local labour law. The gross monthly salary for this position is MDL 13,915. The annual leave entitlement is 24 working days per calendar year and the Embassy also enjoys 14 Moldovan/UK public holidays per year. The successful candidate will be subject to a reference check, security clearance and satisfactory completion of a probationary period of three months.
To apply for this position click HERE.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator, pe durată determinată, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- Asociația Obștească HOMECARE anunta concurs pentru angajarea unui psiholog( UNFPA)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al serviciului relații externe și integrare europeană
- USAID MISRA is looking for a Legal Consultant (further Consultant)
- Asociația judecătorilor din Republica Moldova anunță un concurs pentru funcție Asistent Manager (secretar)
- Operations Assistant (Movements) - IOM Moldova
- Public Institution “Environmental Projects National Implementation Office”, Project Management Unit of the first biennial transparency report
- IRI Moldova - Public Opinion Research Associate Moldova
- Terre des hommes Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Asistent Social
- Termen extins: CNPAC angajează psiholog/ă în cadrul serviciului de asistență psihosocială a copilului și familiei AMICUL