UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP adopts a portfolio approach to accommodate changing business needs and leverage linkages across interventions to achieve its strategic goals. This is a recognition of interconnected nature of development risks & crises that the world is facing and that call for assembling of multidisciplinary teams for an integrated & systemic response. Therefore, UNDP personnel are expected to work across issues, units, functions, teams and projects in multidisciplinary teams in order to enhance and enable horizontal collaboration.
Under the overall guidance of the Operations Manager and Human Resources Analyst/Head HR Unit as a direct supervisor, the HR Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient HR services in the country office (CO). The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and supports to the maintenance of high staff morale.
The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects staff in the CO and UNDP HQ and GSSC staff in resolving complex HR-related issues and information exchange.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
1. Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
• Provide support and information on corporate strategies, changes in policies, rules and regulations, implementation of personnel rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlement, assessing the impact of changes and making recommendations on their implementation in the CO.
• Input and support to CO HR business processes mapping and internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and internal controls in HR, in consultation with unit head and CO management, in line with GSSC services.
• Support timely case submission to GSSC as needed, and proactively follow-up for timely case completion.
• Support to the identification and development of concepts for e-tools to be applied in the management of HR processes
• Provision of information to the management and staff on HR strategies, rules and regulations.
2. Effective provision of HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Organization of HR recruitment processes for local and international Temporary Appointments (TA) and Fixed-Term (FTA) positions and Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) positions, including from, but not limited to, drafting job description to onboarding. Provision of HR advice on recruitment procedures and technical support to selection processes.
• Preparation of submissions, and coordination of work of the local and central review bodies as appropriate and applicable.
• Implementation of recruitment processes for Service Contract (SC) including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels. Support to implementation of recruitment processes for SC positions.
• Creation/update of Service Contract positions in Quantum (for UN Agencies), performing the functions of Admin. HR. Preparation of Service Contracts and timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues.
• Perform general HR support, monitoring and management of Admin/HR, payroll/ Position Administrator and Absence/leave monitoring and Processor etc. in ERP systems as needed.
• Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Quantum system.
• Maintenance of the staffing tables.
• Maintenance of the roster of local experts for the Service Contract/Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) positions.
• Keeping records and timely submission of the cost-recovery charges for HR services provided by UNDP to projects and other Agencies.
• Develop and maintain effective tracking files/tools for staff and personnel.
• Administration of the Internship, UNV, and other personnel programmes for UNDP CO and projects.
• Monitor HR services provided by UNDP to projects and other UN agencies and submission of cost-recovery charges information for further processing
• Coordinates closely with GSSC to ensure compliance and meeting the business needs of the CO.
Act as alternate to HR Analyst (ICS-8) to ensure effective and timely provision of the HR services.
3. Facilitates performance and talent management, knowledge sharing and career development of staff.
• Support to the facilitation of the performance appraisal process and related activities and maintenance of the related data.
• Ensures the implementation of the performance planning and appraisal process for PSA and non-staff contract holders in the Country Office and projects.
• Provision of support and relevant guidance in addressing performance-related cases.
• Input and implementation of the Whole Office Learning plan (WOLP) and individual learning plans in consultation with the Learning Committee, Senior Management and other teams/unit heads.
• Support to the continuous rollout and implementation of HR People for 2030 strategy at the country level under the guidance of unit Head.
4. Provide support in conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Support in collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place, and Global Staff survey (GSS) surveys. Alternate for participation in the work of Local Salary Survey Committee (LSSC).
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
Organization of trainings for the operations/projects staff and personnel on the HR issues.
• Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR. Maintain and timely update the HR page on local intranet.
• Sound and measurable contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organisation.
Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities: No
• Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Labour Economics and Industrial Relations, Business or Public Administration or any relevant area in Social Sciences would be given due consideration.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
Minimum of 6 years with Secondary education or 3 years with Bachelor’s degree of progressively responsible HR and administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
• Knowledge of the Human Resources management practice in an organization of the United Nations system or similar international organization is desirable.
• Professional HR Certification is a distinct advantage.
• Experience with payroll is an asset.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
• Fluency in English and Romanian is required. Fluency in other UN languages is also beneficial.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:Business management/Communication:
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Business management/Digital Awareness and Literacy:
Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Business Development/Knowledge generation
Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
HR – Recruitment/Assessment and selection
Knowledge and ability to apply various candidate assessment and selection methodologies, tools and platforms; ability to effectively align them with specific recruitment needs.
HR - Compensation / Remuneration/Payroll Management
Knowledge of and ability to apply mechanisms and tools to collect payroll data, process payroll, and manage payroll reports
Managing compensation and benefits
Ability to design compensation plans which are aligned to current and future organization needs and market conditions; knowledge of and ability to apply the ICSC compensation methodologies and principles. Knowledge of and ability to design benefits-related processes, programmes, and tools, including benefit enrolment and amendments
2030 Agenda: People Gender Mainstreaming
Data de încheiere a postului vacant: 28 March 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Peace Corps: Training Assistant
- Coaliția Est-Europeană pentru Egalitatea LGBT+ angajează Coordonator/toare de proiect
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Manager (NPSA10) - Addressing the impacts of energy crisis and initiating solutions toward energy security and addressing energy poverty/FPI (EU-funded project)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, responsabil de autorizarea financiară
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Enumerator - Chișinău
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal control și evaluare riscuri
- Extended Deadline: Programme Manager on Social Protection, SB4.3, Chisinau, Moldova
- HelpAge International contractează expert/ă sau companie de consultanță pentru evaluare finală de proiect
- SMM (on-site/international company)
- Legal Analyst Position - Cilc Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova