U.S. Embassy is hiring a temporary Consular Assistant
Under the supervision of the Unit Supervisor and Fraud Prevention Manager (FPM), the incumbent performs independent and joint investigations for each of the consular units, including immigrant and non-immigrant visas, asylum cases, and American citizen services. The employee investigates suspected cases of fraud by conducting fraud interviews, examining official documentary records, data mining in Consular and open source databases, and conducting field investigations. The employee synthesizes a wide array of nuanced information into written and oral reports that inform Consular staff on visa and passport adjudications. The employee develops and maintains contacts with local officials, other Embassy sections, and other embassies, and provides information to local law enforcement contacts that support criminal investigations overlapping with visa and passport fraud.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of progressively responsible consular, government, military, police, private security, or international organizations experience involving the application of complex regulatory material are required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: In-depth familiarity with the Moldovan legal system, including criminal and civil law, and an ability to accurately interpret and translate legal documents.
- At least two years of post-secondary studies at a college or university are required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluency)) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (fluency) speaking/reading/writing Romanian is required. Level IV (fluency) speaking/reading/writing Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be knowledgeable with local law relating to legal issues, including marriage, adoption, deaths and estates and criminal procedures.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain an extensive range of contacts at all working levels, to exercise innovation, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Closing date for receipt of applications is March 26, 2023 at 23:59 Chisinau time. Please note that the only way to apply for this position is to use our Electronic Recruitment Application https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Officer: "Construction of Balti and Cahul Regional Hospitals" Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant strategie și proiecte
- Keystone Moldova - Asistent de proiect
- People in Need Moldova в поиске Менеджера проекта по обеспечению источников дохода (г. Бельцы)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal al direcției combaterea spălării banilor și finanțării terorismului
- Protection (psychosocial) Officer- IsraAID Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant, Direcția dezvoltarea supravegherii altor instituții financiare
- GIZ - Junior Procurement and Contracting Specialist
- OO "Женский клуб "Голубка" приглашает (срочно!) эксперта/тренера для проведения тренинга по адвокаси в городе Басарабяска
- Street Child: Project Coordinator - Childcare Services