Human Resources Specialist (EUBAM, IOM Moldova)
Vacancy Notice 2023-04
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Human Resources Specialist (EUBAM)
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Ungraded Contract, with possibility of extension
Salary: € 1330 fixed monthly amount (payments shall be done in Moldovan Lei at the UN operational rates of exchange at the month of payment)
Estimated Start Date: 1 May 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Well qualified candidates, particularly women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Fully funded by the European Union within the context of the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument, and with the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) acting as implementing partner, EUBAM is an advisory, technical body mandated to enhance the border-management capacities of local partners – the border guard and customs authorities and other law enforcement and State agencies of Moldova and Ukraine.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Administration (EUBAM) and with technical supervision from the Resource Management Officer (IOM Chisinau), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support in the management of human resources of the EUBAM in the Republic of Moldova, including recruitment and retention.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper application of IOM's Human Resources policies, rules and regulations, as well as standards and related processes taking into account the EUBAM’s activities; and ensure that local administrative procedures are in place and followed and are in accordance with these practices.
- Maintain proper filing system for HR records and documents, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, ensure that attendance records of all international and national staff of the EUBAM in the Republic of Moldova are maintained.
- Prepare draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements; assist the proper conduct of interview panels.
- Organize the correct use of the different PRISM-HR functionalities by the EUBAM staff on Moldovan’s side.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of the staff development and training for the EUBAM staff on Moldovan’s side in close collaboration with HRM/Staff Development and Learning (SDL), including the establishment of staff development and training priorities and plans. Train the EUBAM staff on HR issues as needed.
- Conduct resignation procedure of the EUBAM staff on Moldovan’s side.
- Process request for booking/purchasing air tickets for the EUBAM staff in accordance to the established rules and procedures.
- Follow up with contracted travel agent to ensure provision of high-quality professional service, ensuring that the travel arrangement follow the IOM rules of most direct route and most competitive prices.
- Provide information to the personnel on travel including entitlements, travel route and hotel arrangement.
- Process requests for visas and diplomatic accreditation in Moldova (liaise with the EU Delegation); maintain a database on accreditation cards issued to the EUBAM staff.
- Prepares routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports.
- Provides a written translation on HR/Administrative issues from/into English, Russian and Romanian.
- Advise on staffing issues and oversee the elaboration of staffing tables, including vacancies and use of temporary assistance to meet exceptional work requirements. Assist the proper implementation of the IOM staff evaluation system.
- Provides inputs to the EUBAM administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard administrative procedures (SAPs).
- Liaise with and maintain good working relationships with IOM partners as well as with other IOM Missions as necessary for the effective exercise of his/her functions.
- Perform such other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience:
- Completed advanced university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences or related field;
- Five years of experience in Administration and Human Resources Management, preferably with international organizations;
- Proven HR experience in an international organization or in private sector;
- Experience in designing and implementing organizational development processes;
- Legal background in the field of HR an advantage;
- Familiarity with the UN common system or similar systems, knowledge of staff rules and regulations, staff entitlements and benefits, recruitment and selection, practices and training programmes.
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 1)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, security clearances, and a valid COVID certification.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the Personal History Form and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 29 March 2023, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Deadline Extended to 5 April 2023 @ 18:00 - Deputy Task Order Lead (DTOL)
- People in Need Moldova is hiring a Livelihood Project Manager ( Bălți )
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator secția prognoze
- Call for expression of interest - Secretariat staff – Commission 2 Vetting - Moldova
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un formator/ o formatoare sau o echipă de formatori ce va presta servicii de instruire în domeniul voluntariatului și mobilizării comunitare
- Consulting services for the position of Matching Grants Facility Monitoring&Evaluation Officer, under the World Bank Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Competitiveness Project
- Manager Fundraising pentru România și Moldova
- U.S. Embassy is hiring a Human Resources Assistant
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Associate - Energy, Environment and Climate Change Cluster
- Centrul Media pentru Tineri (CMT) angajează psiholog/ă